test1
August 21, 2017, 02:58:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Did the CinTriq!  (Read 19052 times)
eqsOne

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2009, 11:26:26 AM »

Aaight, here comes my build log. Please excuse my poor english skills.

Dedication:

Big Up to "Master Drew" and the Bongofish community for the idea of recreating a Cintiq device and the sharing of knowledge and experiences. May the force be with you guys!

The Plan:

Inspired by Samth's "CanvasTiq", I decided to set up a frameless picture frame around my build. That solution allows me to change the glass cover easily if neccesery or wanted.

The (good old) set up:

- Wacom Intuos2 A4 (9x12")

- Dell 1503fp, Rev A00 Samsung panel

- 2x FFC/PCB set, 40 pin 0,5 mm

- Frameless Picture Frame 35x50 cm, glass 1,8 mm thick

- Spraypaint, black & white

- Arcrylic sheets, 5mm thick + Light hardening Arcrylic adhesive

- 2 alu rods, flat c shape

- Steel backsheet, 1mm thick

- Copper & alu foil

- Lots of screws, nuts and ringwashers

Epilogue

Gee, I did the CINTRIQ! It works very well, got minimum jitter at the left upper side which doesn't bother me at all. Yet I'll have to some more callibrating to get the cursor under the pen more accurately.
Thanx Drew!!
[attachment=10] [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ] [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ] [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ] [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ] [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ] [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ] [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ] [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ] [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

EDIT 11/2012:

Being in use for about three years now, the case design showed some weak points. That construction works well while using it at a certain fixed place. When you have to move it for some reason, it slightly starts wobbeling around its own axle and doesn't feel very solid.
But the Achilles' axle are the freestanding glass-edges. A small hit against a wall or something is enough to make them break. And though the glass itself could be changed quickly, the new one has to be painted again.

Well, I will put a wooden frame around it soon to swap its slick look for a more solid grip while handling.

[attachment=11]

« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 11:28:55 AM by eleqsis » Logged
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 02:25:58 PM »

Man that looks soooo slick.

Very nice build and I love that stand.

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
volhonvo
New Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 11:32:30 AM »

Nice guys!!! How can i get such a nice tools for paintings?

English Bull Terrier

m0x

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 09:03:17 PM »

Yaj!

A german guy outta here Smiley

...makes me feel free to ask you if I can mail you the time I got questions ?Smiley

..another questions added : Wo hast du den Bilderrahmen gekauft und wo hast du das hier her ? "Arcrylic sheets, 5mm thick + Light hardening Arcrylic adhesive"

Lg, Julian =)
eqsOne

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 11:55:50 AM »

drew: Thanx for the flowers, it really works awesome. Man, I'm still speachless!!

volhonvo: Sorry dude, I don't think I could get your question right. You can purchase all the casing parts in those home improvement stores. Feel free to ask more specific.

mOx: Klar, fühl dich frei zu fragen. Die Acryl-Gehäuseteile und die Aluprofile sind alle von Hornbach bzw. Obi. Der Bilderrahmen ist ein Sondermaß (35x50), den gibts so im Bauhaus.
m0x

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 06:49:37 PM »

wunderbar, ich glaube ich werde in den verbleibenden Semesterferien noch ein hübsches Case für meinen funktionierenden Plas-tiq bauen Cheesy

Thanks a lot!=)
Drewid
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 09:04:36 PM »

I'm shifting this into the hall of fame Smiley

eqsOne

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2009, 04:24:53 PM »

Though I know we got some girls around here, too, I just couldn't stand drawing this bongofish beauty. Without Drew and the site, she just wouldn't have been alive.

Drewid
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 02:43:08 PM »

She's lovely,    can you stick her in the Gallery of Cool as well?

http://forum.bongofish.co.uk/index.php?board=12.0

If you open the 'additional options' box down there  L (bottom left wen posting a reply) you can upload direct to our server instead of using a hosting service.

Hosting services tend to lose stuff and It would be a shame if she went missing.   Smiley

edit - Ahh. attachments not working.  I'll have to get that fixed.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 02:49:46 PM by Drewid » Logged

m0x

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2009, 12:14:45 AM »

Darf ich fragen welche Sprühfarben du verwendet hast ?
Oder ging das nur mit Airbrushpistole etc ? =/

Lg
eqsOne

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2009, 07:41:54 AM »

Sie ist komplett mit "sketchbook pro 2009" und dem Standard Grip Pen entstanden. Es gibt dort ein Airbrush-Werkzeug, das mit dem normalen Stift funktioniert. Gibt auf Youtube ein paar nette Beispiele von Industriedesignern dazu. Ich hab das Programm schon länger, konnte aber nie richtig das machen was ich wollte Wink

She was made with "sketchbook pro 2009" using the original grip pen. There's an integrated airbrush tool wich works with the pen. There are some examples on youtube how industrial designers use it. I've owned the prog before but was never able to do what I really wanted to Wink

Drew: Would be a pleasure to post her to the gallery as soon as it's fixed.
m0x

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2009, 10:38:31 AM »

Err.... Ich dachte mir dass das passieren würde Wink
Aber ich meinte eher den lackierten BIlderrahmen Cheesy

eqsOne

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2009, 11:43:08 AM »

Ja, irgendwie hatte ich das auch schon geahnt...  Roll Eyes

Das ist gängiger Acryl-Lack aus der Sprühdose, glaube das Zeug heißt Rallye-Spray, auch erhältlich im Baumarkt deiner Wahl. Beide Schichten sind von unten lackiert, im Foto ist das etwas verwirrend gekennzeichnet. Erst weiß für die optik, dann schwarz damit das Licht nicht wild durchscheint. Ich hatte beim ersten Versuch eine Scheibe versaut, weil ich dachte, ich müsse sie anschleifen... kannste dir getrost sparen, der Lack hält auch wenn mann die Scheibe vorher nur gut entfettet (z.B. mit Bremsenreiniger). An sonsten wie beim Auto: viele dünne Schichten bis es deckt und zwischendurch antrocknen lassen. Ein Heißluftfön beschleunigt das enorm.
Ach ja und es war mächtig fummelig, den Ausschnitt in der Mitte so abzukleben, daß er anschließend ordentlich mit dem Display abschließt. Alles doppelt und dreifach checken oder wie ich einen halben Eimer Aceton parat halten, um im Zweifelsfall alles wieder abzuwischen  Wink

Uugh. Ok, I'll try my best to translate:
The color I used is regular acryl varnish from spray cans like writers use to make tags or grafitty, or just to repair damaged bumpers and stuff. It's also available in those home improvement/ D.I.Y. stores. Attention for those who're not used working with spray colors: Keep a distance of about 20cm while spraying. Make many thin layers and let every layer dry before you continue until the color is opaque. I used a heat fan to speed up the drying process. Both layers (white & black) were done from the lower side of the glass (the arrows in the photo are a bit confusing). First white, then black to keep the light from shining trough. There's no need to dress/regrind the glass, I just kept it well degreased.
It was pretty catchy to mask the middle hole for the screen accurately at the right place. Either you check everything 3 times, or you're supplied with a gallon of acetone like me, to wipe off everything if you failed  Wink
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 11:48:54 AM by eleqsis » Logged
m0x

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2009, 12:29:44 PM »

Ja, ich war erst total auf dem Holzweg, weil ich dachte der Rahmen wäre schon mit "guckfenster" gekauft worden und war vorher schwarz und du hast ihn nur mit weiß übergesprüht...^^

Okay...dann werde ich mal mein bestes versuchen... Wink
Das was ich ebenfalls super finde ist, dass man ncihts am Gehäuse vom Wacom schnitzen muss...hab hier noch nen tft panel rumliegen und falls irgendwas nciht richtig läuft kann ich das Wacom nachher einfach wieder in sein Case packen und ich hab quasi "nur" den finanziellen Schaden von der Farbe etc Wink

...I will try my best...nice that I wont have to cut anything in the Wacom Case...so if something goes wrong I just suffer from that "financial pain" of the color, acryl-shields and so on =)

Edit:
Sehe ich das richtig, dass du "nur" 3 Schrauben zum fixieren vom Wacom genommen hast, und die sind "einfach" mit Heisskleber an das Acrylglas geklebt worden?

...aus dem einen Bild kann ich entnehmen dass du dann noch die Metallplatte auf der die Monitorteile sind, an den Seitenteilen festgeschraubt hast... wie hast du das gemacht ?^^

Sorry für die vielen Fragen;)

Lg
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 01:29:27 PM by m0x » Logged
eqsOne

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2009, 10:55:16 PM »

Die drei Schrauben um das Wacom gegen verrutschen zu fixieren haben Senkköpfe und sind von vorne durch die Acrylplatte geschraubt. Und drei weil das Board nur in 3 Ecken Löcher hat.

In die Gehäuseseitenteile habe ich je 2 Löcher gebohrt, an denen je ein Winkel befestigt ist, die wiederum die beiden Aluprofilstangen halten.
Die Aluprofile halten das Screen-Wacom-Sandwich quasi zusammen und sorgen dafür, daß das Wacom nicht durchhängt. Sanft aber bestimmt...

Auf den Aluprofilen ist dann die Edelstahlplatte montiert, die den ganzen Steuerkram zusammenhält.

Edit: Ach so, weiß jetzt nicht ob du das vorhattest, aber bentuze keinen Heißkleber um die Acrylplatten zu verkleben, das hält 100 pro nicht. Nimm lichthärtenden Acrylkleber.
Ich probier's nicht aber ich denke damit könnte man das Ding aus'm 4. Stock schmeissen, ohne daß was abbrechen würde...

Uugh, now my translation skills come running hot, guess it's getting pathetic...

The three screws fixing the wacom got countersunk-heads and are srewed from the front through the plexiglas sheet. Three because there are only holes in 3 corners of the board.

There are drilled holes in the casing sideparts, wich hold 90º brackets (??). Against these brackets the alu rods are screwed (err, can anyone still follow...?!).
So the rods hold the screen-wacom-sandwich together and keep the wacom from bending.

Finally a steel plate is screwed on top of the rods, to hold the pcb stuff in place.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 11:53:39 PM by eleqsis » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: