Bongofish
October 14, 2019, 08:02:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What Tablet?  (Read 3544 times)
tba
New Poster

Oppressing since 2006

View Profile WWW
« on: December 28, 2006, 02:15:53 PM »

I want to have a go at this wizardry but I have a question, what type of tablet would be the best to go for?

I have used them before but as I read the log on the front page I was thinking what if the screen and tablet are different sizes, I have only ever used small tablets and they appear to only have an absolute or incremental setting for coordinates.

Do certain tablets allow you to manually calibrate the location of sensor extremities and if they do which are they?

"I'm here to solve a murder" - Muhammad 2006
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 02:47:10 PM »

It's down the the drivers.
Wacom drivers allow you to map a portion of the tablet, or the whole tablet, to a portion of the screen, or the whole screen, in any combination.

I reckon having the screen bigger than the tablet could prove difficult in use, as there would be some bits of the screen that you would need a mouse to reach.

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
tba
New Poster

Oppressing since 2006

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 06:38:44 PM »

that makes sense now, so your sensor sandwhich was slightly larger than your screen.  You then mapped the appropriate portion or area to the screen size..  I have never seen this in practice.

Thanks for the info.

"I'm here to solve a murder" - Muhammad 2006
nathansmith

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 06:46:38 PM »

The Aiptek drivers allow you to map a portion of the tablet to the screen (i.e. the tablet is bigger than the screen), but I don't see any way of doing it the other way around (i.e. the screen is bigger than the tablet). You could maybe do it wherever the tablet stores its configuration, though.
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 10:50:45 PM »

It takes a little while to get it to callibrate properly.
I now set the screen area first, then fiddle with the bottom/right tablet numbers till it's right

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: