Bongofish
November 16, 2019, 10:05:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PC steering wheel on xbox/xbox 360??  (Read 2534 times)
jbobforever
New Poster

So long and thanks for all the fish!

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2007, 02:18:06 AM »

Hi all, I know this question doesn't really pertain to anything Cintiq related... but this is my favorite forum, so I figured I'd ask anyways... This question has been plaguing me for a while and I haven't been able to find a response to it...   

Alright, does anyone know if the following is possible?
I have a modded xbox (original) and I wish to be able to play my racing games with my Logitech Momo forcefeedback racing wheel (on my xbox), which is designed for a PC. Now I know that it is possible to hook up a usb device to an xbox, a little bit of wire splicing and there you have it. My question is will it be recognized by the system? Specifically, does anyone have any knowledge on the controller drivers for xbox? Such as what folder they are located in, how they work and how one might modify them to accommodate say, my Momo wheel? I think this question might also be of interest to xbox 360 owners. I think the principle would be pretty much the same (please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). Thanks in advance for any response...

I suppose I'm supposed to say something witty and insightful...
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 09:30:59 AM »

I'll ask at work

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 10:22:20 AM »

OK. apparently it depends entirely on the wheel and the game you want to run it with.

I guess you might want to searching for specific examples.

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
jbobforever
New Poster

So long and thanks for all the fish!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 02:11:02 PM »

Thanx Drewid.
Hmm interesting, that would make more sense though. That's probably an easier fix than having to have 2 copies of a driver and manually messing around with them...Hmm well unfortunately I won't be home for a couple weeks to experiment with this, but specifically I'm interested in getting my Logitech momo forcefeedback wheel running on Need for speed carbon on the original xbox. If anyone has any information on how this might be done, that would be helpful. Does anyone have anymore info on the differences between how drivers are setup on xbox compared to a pc? Thanx in advance!

I suppose I'm supposed to say something witty and insightful...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: