Bongofish
November 16, 2019, 10:04:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Laptop/Desktop screen  (Read 3716 times)
Monophobe
New Poster

View Profile WWW
« on: December 16, 2007, 06:29:07 PM »

What's likely to be easier for construction? A laptop screen or a desktop monitor? Obviously the laptop screen would need a power supply to be hooked up, with it no longer being part of the laptop, but surely it would mean less work in the long run? Or am I completely wrong?

My portfolio Site - http://www.Monophobia.co.uk
AndreZX

Why buy today what you could build tomorrow?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 07:06:11 PM »

You need an LVDS controller to convert from VGA or DVI to the laptop panel's native signal. The controllers alone can cost more than the cost of a used Wacom and desktop LCD together, and you have to go through the hassle of tracking down the right controller to work with your specific LCD panel.

In my opinion, not really worth it. Especially when you consider you've probably gotta strip down the laptop panel anyway to remove any metal shielding, I don't really see how you save any real working time.
Monophobe
New Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 09:46:35 PM »

Fair enough. Didn't really think that one through - the input signal and all. Lol

Oh well, just missed out on a Compaq 1501 on eBay. Back to the search.

My portfolio Site - http://www.Monophobia.co.uk
strutwatson
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 11:47:27 AM »

I had to get a new laptop and the screen doesn't look right. I have no knowledge on calibrating a LED LCD, or any other monitor for that matter. So, before I mess anything up I would like to know if anyone has done this before and if it's reversible?
I have a laptop with a 17.3" HD+ LED LCD display running windows 7. Generic PnP Monitor on Mobile IntelĀ® 4 Series Express Chipset. I can get to the calibrate display settings but kind of don't want to mess anything up.
My photo's look very different on other monitors. I don't want to post washed out looking photos that I have taken the time to edit. Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: