test1
April 27, 2017, 07:51:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: All you need to know about FFC's (Flat Flexible Cables)  (Read 54833 times)
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2014, 10:40:05 PM »

All the DIYBeamer links are dead, any pictures or details of what you're after?
sourpea
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2014, 11:25:44 PM »

15mm and 30 pin, so a pinch of 0.5 nicosalto used the same monitor as i am using and had to use a  PCB board 40pin and a ffc 30pin/0.5pitch monitor in question is LP150U03. got it new in the box for 20 bucks didnt see that it had 2 boards on back instead of one (itchy ebay finger got the best of me) have the controller board coming, opted for slow shipping to give me more time to do more research .

sourpea
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2014, 07:26:13 PM »

found this tutorial on extending ffc cables has pictures and such for the diy newbies like myself also noticed at the end of the tutorial that the guy hot glues the connectors so they wont come apart then tapes them have not seen that in the other tuts i have looked at anyway here is the tut

http://kyorune.com/modding/article.php?id=63
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2014, 12:21:07 AM »

Good tutorial, thanks for sharing.

Would something like this help you? - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FFC-FPC-40-pin-0-5mm-Pitch-Ribbon-Cable-line-ZIF-HDD-length-20CM-Adaptor-extend-/161392514031?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item2593be53ef
sourpea
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2014, 04:07:43 AM »

Actually I was mistaken on the size of the extension i need i miss read the post i thought i saw mine in and turns out it is completely different, i have a fpc with
10 mm width
.5 pinch
20 pin

I found a .5 pinch 25 pin adapter board with a coupling on each end on ebay it is around 5 dollars, but looking at mouser electronics website i found zif coupling with .5 pinch 20 connector dual contact, only problem i have right now is figuring out what it means by  top or bottom contact
and since the coupling is a dual would it even matter as long as the cables were both inserted the same way?
the coupling is only a dollar and some odd cents but i dont know if i can insert 2 cables into it with out wrecking my cable attached to the lcd, so i am thinking i might try the 25 pin board and order some 20 pin .5 pinch cable. if anyone can tell by my picture if the cable is top or ottom i would appreciate it, i would think it is bottom since the connector on the lcd has metal connectors on the bottom but i have thought wrong before.
sourpea
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2014, 04:13:55 AM »

LOL , i read the tutorial before i looked to see my ffc cable dimensions , the game cube is 20 pin .5 pinch so i am thinking that i can just get the parts he listed from digikey, do you agree?
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2014, 07:27:06 AM »

I can't see a reason why you couldn't just use the same parts. By the way you're fpc is bottom contact as in having the pins on the board side. One thing you'll need to make sure of is that the ffc you by has the pins exposed on opposite sides at each end to maintain continuity of the cable. Incidentally there exists a tape called anisotropic tape that you can get on eBay for a few pounds that is adhesive on both sides and conductive through it's thickness. The tape is ideal for connecting ffc/fcp of the size you are talking about, see here - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3m-9703-Z-axis-Electrically-Conductive-Adhesive-Transfer-Tape-200mm-/261641422305?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3ceb0b45e1

By the way for anyone reading this where the link eventually dies the tape is called 9703 z-axis (anisotropic) tape by 3m. (doh! It's spelled out quite clearly in the link, nevermind).
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 07:33:02 AM by Aerendraca » Logged
XDjackieXD

*me trying to draw*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2015, 02:38:06 PM »

I just found ffc extensions on dealextreme which are pretty cheap if someone still needs them:
http://www.dx.com/p/ffc-0-5mm-pitch-50pin-adapter-plate-docking-board-yellow-368080 (they have others sizes/pitches)

-Jakob
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: