Bongofish
November 15, 2019, 06:31:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting a montor thats Cintiq'izable...  (Read 20186 times)
infernal

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2008, 06:01:55 PM »

Hello...
Whell i'm kinda new to the whole DIY Cinitiq thing... i saw a vid on youtube quite while ago... and was pretty much amazed Tongue Recently since the Cintiq 12WX came out was thinking to buy it but then figured that building my own still would be cheaper Tongue...
So anyway 1st of all i want a bigger monitor... so im planning to get a
"VIEWSONIC VA2216W"

You can have a look here>>> http://www.twenga.co.uk/specs-VA2216w-VIEWSONIC-LCD-monitor-195715 <<<

The things i think i need to highlight
Diagonal Size     21.6" - wide screen
Max Resolution     1680 x 1050
Form Factor     Internal

Whell about the resolution (i think it was Tanassi's build) where he stated that the bigger the resolution was the more jitter he had, but not sure.
And about the power source... its internal but  i read somewhere that it was impossible to get a big monitor whit an external (or almost impossible) but as is there a way to remove it and can someone "point" hove to remove it Smiley
And maybe you could suggest a different monitor but hopefully not an expensive one Tongue
Thanks in advance to everyone.
Switz

S W I N T I Q If it aint broke, MAKE IT BETTER!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 09:49:09 PM »

All monitors are different, some have easy removable power sources, some don't.

The only way to really know is to open it.

Made that, not my best, but I love it.  Firefoxy lol
It's all fun and games till someone loses a testicle.   Cheesy
infernal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 06:13:42 PM »

Ok just got the mon...must say a lot bigger than i thoth Cheesy 1st thing that came to my mind was "am i going to try to make a tablet whit this???"...
sadly i wont be able to make a the DIY cintiq due to fact im out of cash Cheesy... but in the meanwhile im gona practice on a 15" mon can i do anything whit that Tongue
i astimate i might start my build somwhere+- by middle of the march... see ya then Smiley
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 08:12:24 PM »

a 15 is ideal for a 12x12 or a 12x9 tablet

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
infernal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 10:25:39 PM »

Ok... i know this is a offtopic but still... its the help section now isn't it Cheesy
Anyway the prob is that my Intuos3 (i think its the smallest they got) does not seem to have the pressure sensitivity... its back on after i restart the pc... but after i close photoshop and open it agen or maybe w8 a while and then open photoshop it agen loses its sensitivity... now this prob has been here for a while... but what i noticed to today was when i close some app in the task manneger (the app is something whit tablet in its description or name) whala the sensitivity is back... after that couple of hours(i wasnt doing anything photoshopy or anything jsut browsing the net... disapeared agen... and yeah... i shure hope im making any sense... Cheesy gona find out  what did i close and let you guys know...
...*hoping that somone knows whats the prob*...
and whats whit the>>>...<<<? Smiley
see ya tommorow guys Tongue
AndreZX

Why buy today what you could build tomorrow?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 10:49:42 PM »

Ok... i know this is a offtopic but still... its the help section now isn't it Cheesy
Anyway the prob is that my Intuos3 (i think its the smallest they got) does not seem to have the pressure sensitivity... its back on after i restart the pc... but after i close photoshop and open it agen or maybe w8 a while and then open photoshop it agen loses its sensitivity... now this prob has been here for a while... but what i noticed to today was when i close some app in the task manneger (the app is something whit tablet in its description or name) whala the sensitivity is back... after that couple of hours(i wasnt doing anything photoshopy or anything jsut browsing the net... disapeared agen... and yeah... i shure hope im making any sense... Cheesy gona find out  what did i close and let you guys know...
...*hoping that somone knows whats the prob*...
and whats whit the>>>...<<<? Smiley
see ya tommorow guys Tongue

If you find out what the problem is, let me know. I've always chalked that up to a Photoshop bug, but it could certainly be an issue with the tablet drivers. I can never consistently get the problem to reproduce, but it used to happen on my old laptop all the time.
Drewid
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 10:53:40 PM »

Is there anything on the euro Wacom forums about this one?

Switz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 11:43:25 PM »

Are you setting the brush settings to pressure sensitivity?

infernal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 11:11:44 PM »

Whell i decided to make this topic as noobish and offtopic as possible (still working on it lol)
anyway i hawe not found the source yet cuz i didnt have the bug today... strange ussualy its always there... but at the same time i didn't play any games today so maybe i got something here Wink
While i'm here i will ask you guys some stuff about how r u guys using the tablet Smiley
Whell basicly im a noobish wannabe artist or something... i'm trying to get some art clases that would be soutable for my age, but im in  relativly small town and don't wanna switch school... and that another story and i could go way deeper.

Anyway how do you guys make your strokes... can you make it in 1-2 fine lines? Smiley considering that there has been a sketch n stuff offcourse

the thing is i poked whit the upper feet 4 quite a long time... don't know i would say maybe half an hour. I thinks its decent but that took way to long... I have tried the pen tool but that looks way to mechanic even if you modify the line afterwards. So the cripple leg in the lower portion was a bad attempt at showing whats the prob but when i realized you wont see it becouse i would downsize it i made those lines (not intentionly) the prob is i can't get more or less decent "formy" lines i gues the cape could be a great example....
Well what i want to know is this a hand eye thing that i need to learn... or is there somekinda techniq<< (have no clue how to spell it) that i could use...
Is there any tutorials for tablet usage the strokes n stuff lol... ussualy deviant art teachers u how to draw on paper or color...

So tommorow gonna play UT3 and see if the sensitivity thing shows up...
Thanks and see ya later guys.

PS
How the... u put an immage in here? Cheesy

Code:
[img]http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/1695/noobpy3.jpg[/img]
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 04:30:10 AM by Switz » Logged
Switz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 04:30:32 AM »

Fixed it for ya Smiley

Drewid
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2008, 05:57:43 PM »

Lots of digital artists still used pencil for early sketches and stuff, it's a good thing to do and the hand/eye stuff is a transferrable skill.

If you're really serious about drawing people then the best thing to do is find somewhere that does life drawing lessons, either that or draw lots of people from photos off the net, (better to draw real 3d people though it's different).

If you want to do lots of sketchy lines that's fine, use a fine line setting (one or two pixels) and a very faint line 305 opacity ofr something.   Lots of artists use blue, it's from the use of blue sketching pencil which was done for technical reasons.  if you're drawing a new bit then put it on a different layer (assuming your drawing package can do that.) 

When you're ready to do a more finished version do that on another layer.

Dragonoid
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 08:30:22 AM »

OMG I have been looking at the same viewsonic 22" monitor for my build, but I was wondering if I could find a good monitor with a external power supply. The dimensions on this Viewsonic are perfect.
How does the picture look?
Have you tried to take the power supply out to make it external yet?
I already have a Wacom 12" x 19".
I've read through a lot of the forums but I couldn't find anybody that was happy with a 22" monitor yet.
I'm may make a 15" later as well.
Also toying around with the idea of putting the Wacom in an iMac.
Rayall

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 06:27:46 PM »

Just be aware for anybody who gets the 15" monitor, the resolution is low, about the same as my ibook. And the iBook is probably easier to make into a tablet then the monitor, I didn't have to go through as many steps as some of these people who have turned the monitors into a tablet.

However, if you want it to be comparable to the 20"-21" Cintiq, you will have to get a bigger monitor with a high resolution, simple as that. And if you want fewer hassels, don't get it from Ebay. More people seem to have trouble with the used monitors, and I believe it's because they are used, not new.  Wink
AndreZX

Why buy today what you could build tomorrow?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 09:26:13 PM »

Yeah, most people haven't done 22" screens because they don't fit on the 12"x18". You're safe with the 12"x19" though.

My 20.1" has internal power and it seems to be alright.

And as far as new being better than used, I'm not so sure. Out of the 3 screens I went through for my 15" build, only one had problems that I could attribute to use, and the ebay auction indicated that beforehand. Otherwise the other two worked perfectly until I broke one of them myself.
Drewid
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2008, 10:31:38 PM »

Yep AndreZX's  build is the most successful of the big monitor.

and breakages happen. especially if it's the first time you've stripped a monitor.  They're quite delicate when coming apart.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: