Bongofish
November 11, 2019, 08:28:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
  Print  
Author Topic: success ** Samtiq II ** amazing images on page 6  (Read 78149 times)
Rumi

Mad Artist/Scientist

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 05, 2007, 02:26:42 PM »

Hi Drew, thanks man, that little fella wouldn't be there if it wasn't for your DIY project!

Monarch

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 04, 2008, 08:41:40 PM »

Hi Rumi!
I saw your beautiful build on Bongofish and I am currently undertaking the build myself as a memorial to my deceased father who was a professional tinkerer. I have been using a number of your photos for reference and had a few questions. If you have a spare moment I would love it if you could help me out.

1.) Have you had any heat problems that you\\â??ve noticed since finishing the build? If so, how did you handle it?

2.) While there are several wonderful pictures of the finished Samtiq here on Bongofish there are not any photos taken of the rear of the Samtiq after it was finished. I have an idea how everything comes out the rear from your sketches but I would love to see photos if you could spare the time.

3.) Where did you end up hooking all of the on/off switches and monitor adjustment buttons? I would love to see how you attached those.

I check your build everyday because it is a constant source of inspiration for what I want to do.

Thanks for a wonderful build and documenting it so well.

Rumi

Mad Artist/Scientist

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 17, 2008, 06:50:02 AM »

Hi Monarch,

In regards to my build I did have some heat issues actually, on a couple of days when the temperature was around 40 degrees C I started getting a lot of random clicks so much so that I couldn't use it any more. I put a big fan behind the unit and tried to keep it cool, which seemed to help.

The back end of the Samtiq is not very pretty, and it's hard to take photos of it. But here are a couple of the better photos I took today:

With the controls for the monitor, I was thinking about mounting them on the back but I never ended up doing it. I just connected the controls a couple of times to adjust things and then took them off and left things as they were.

I am glad that my build has helped you, I am thinking about making a bigger one (12x18) but still looking for a suitable monitor. Time has been very short lately but I hope to get back into it at some stage, it's great some of the new ideas that are coming up.

Switz

S W I N T I Q If it aint broke, MAKE IT BETTER!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: February 17, 2008, 08:59:04 AM »

Wow.  Some nice pictures there.
Thats interesting that you only left the monitor buttons on for a bit, then took off.  Power on/off switch?

We need a video of the sliding in action!!!

Made that, not my best, but I love it.  Firefoxy lol
It's all fun and games till someone loses a testicle.   Cheesy
Dom
New Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: June 28, 2008, 01:53:56 PM »

nice wood-job
dave_ua
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 06, 2008, 03:24:01 AM »

Hey there! I wandered here off the internets and was quite surprised to find such a wonderful community here.
Heh, got me daydreaming about one of those samtiqs myself. Just a quick question, how does samtiq compare to a regular Intuos3 tablet in terms of functionality? Like do all the features work, pressure sensitivity and all that through the monitor and glass?

Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 06, 2008, 01:36:37 PM »

The short answer is yes.
The long answer is yeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssss.

The longest answer is :   You lose a little overhead in terms of how far you can lift the pen before the tablet loses track, pressure sensitivity and tilt are all in the pen so they still work as well as the vanilla tablet.

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
dave_ua
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 06, 2008, 11:22:29 PM »

ok thanks, and how does 1212 DIY compares to intuos one?
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 08, 2008, 07:56:11 AM »

Only by the differences in the tablets themselves.  The 1212 has less levels of pressure sensitivity and a lower granular resolution.  But I've used manmy different Wacoms at work and I'd be hard pressed to tell the difference.   The biggest obvious difference is with the later intuos where you get the extra  user-programmable buttons and sliders.

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
  Print  

Jump to: