Bongofish
August 18, 2018, 03:11:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pen for my UD-1212-R seems broken...  (Read 3356 times)
TheClarkster
New Poster

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2008, 06:01:42 PM »

Just got my UD-1212-R.  The thing is larger than I pictured it, but it makes sense, it is 12x12 after all!

Anyways, it powers up fine, orange light comes on, but does not recognize the pen.  Using a wacom diagnostic, it connects to the tablet, and seems to be listening for activity, but sees nothing.

Is the orange light supposed to change green when connected correctly? Or just when the pen is touching like on the graphire?

It is just staying solid orange.  I'm just trying to narrow down if it is the pen that is broken, or the tablet.  Unfortunately I don't have another pen to test with. Sad
AndreZX

Why buy today what you could build tomorrow?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 06:07:47 PM »

The green light is only for when the pen is touching. It should work even if you've only got the power plugged in, you shouldn't even have to plug it into the computer.

If it's not turning green at all, it's most likely your pen that's the problem. Are you sure it's the right kind for the tablet? They may have sent the wrong one
TheClarkster
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 06:29:01 PM »

Yeah, it's possible it is the wrong pen.  It looks alright, but then again the pens are all pretty similar.  Unfortunately they don't put any part numbers on the pens.

I have a friend I might see in a few weeks with a TabletPC pen, which I hear might work.  So I would be able to borrow it to test.

Thanks
toand
New Poster

DIY FTW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 10:14:37 PM »

Im sort of having the same problem with my UD-1212-R... well, sort of. My pen is recognized and semi-working, the problem is that sometimes (in photoshop) I can draw and some times nothing happens when I try to draw. I've alos noticed that the light on the tablet is green and when i put the pen down on the tablet i turns orange/red. All in all its seems very unstable so to speak.
I've got the latest drivers downloaded of Wacom europes website and running on windows xp.
Does anyone have a clue what might be wrong?
I'm gonna try the Udconfig tool tommorow and see what I can find.

/Tommy
Monarch

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 11:35:56 PM »

Hopefully this link will help.

http://www.wacom-asia.com/aptky/607/pen.htm

Cheers
TheClarkster
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 08:40:24 PM »

Thanks Monarch, that does really help.  It looks like my pen is for an Intuos 1.  Sad  I'd love to find a UP pen, but I can't find any reasonable priced ones here in Canada yet.
Teky
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 11:59:56 PM »

Hi

i have a Wacom UD-1212-R when i put my pen on pad nothing happens light stays red i have checked
the pen on another pad it works fine any suggestions
Ertew

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2018, 05:50:31 PM »

Teky, You have working pad and compatible working pen. Next You have UD-1212-R that can't see pen.
There are two possible problems. Your UD-1212-R may be broken but I think that the pen You use isn't compatible with UD-1212-R. There are many different pens and they are compatible with specific tablets, not with all tablets available. You need to search for specific pen or try out few old pens. Hope Your tablet is working and You can find working pen.

Any errors in spelling, tact or fact are transmission errors.

Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2018, 03:42:11 AM »

Teky: even after posting 3 times, you completely forgot to tell us what other "pad model" this pen was working on. This would help us understanding what's going on a lot better.  The UD-* series uses "Penabled" (tm) pens, one of the most common (old) Wacom tech. Lot of pens from old laptop uses the exact same technology.  A picture of all your gear would also help.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: