Bongofish
August 19, 2019, 01:30:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Age of the Bongofishians  (Read 8609 times)
AndreZX

Why buy today what you could build tomorrow?

View Profile
« on: February 13, 2008, 01:36:21 AM »

Hey guys,

I was just wondering how much of an age span we have among members in here. It's a relatively small community, enough that everybody "knows" everyone else, and I was just wanted to get a feel for how much spread there is among our ranks. Also, where do you live? I think it'd be interesting to see the range of people affected enough by Drew's first venture to attempt builds of their own.

Occupations would be interesting to know as well, assuming you're old enough to have one. Any other relevant info is welcome too.

To kick it off, I'm 21 and live in New Jersey, USA. I'm in the electronic art field— 3D animation specifically, but I do a lot of work with drawing, digital painting and photography as well.

Cheers guys,
Andy
Monarch

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 02:37:23 AM »

Hi my names Monarch and I am alcoholic...what? Opps wrong forum. Just Kidding.

My name is Tom Monarch and I am 39 pushing the big 40. I am a cartoonist living in Lexington, Kentucky and I like comic books, art collection, digital cartooning, working with photoshop and vector based programs. I have an insatiable thirst for learning all types of design. My background covers everything from product design to graphic arts to architecture and engineering. I like long walks in the country and cold nights in front of the fireplace with that someone special. Turnoffs are rude people and aw hell you know the rest.

I am here to construct a memorial build for my father who passed away.

viva the revolution!

Monarch

AdrianEvans

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 09:33:45 AM »

Hi. My name is Adrian Evans and I'm 29, hailing from Yorkshire in England, UK. I'm an archaeologist, specifically a archaeological biogeochemist. Yes, I'm a scientist who fell into the arms of archaeology and now I do all kinds of cool stuff with microscopes and chemical analysis. I have been prone to do the odd illustration, mainly of maps, artefacts and sites. My enthusiasm for a cintiq-esque project is twofold. Firstly, I'm a technonut who likes to engineer and fiddle with things. Secondly, I'm sure it will come to some use once it is done. I know this 'secondly' isn't really a good reason but I don't give a rats ass!

I would like to say, whilst it's on my mind, that I think that bongofish (and the community it is building) represents all that is good about the internet. It is exactly the kind of thing I envisaged when I first started using it over 12 years ago. The sharing of information for free, between people who have no prejudices and call each other friends though they will often never meet. Kudos to you all
Chems

He Who Dares Draws on a DIY Cintiq

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 12:34:44 PM »

Im 20, and come from Northamptonshire (Not thee shire, Northamptonshire) I work for the emergency services but am 100% geek in my spare time. Fav pass time is marveling at how normal words have been computerized, eg FireWall, HandShake etc know what I mean?

Id like to say I was one of the first bonogfishians, part of the first wave of the new builds but can only say the forum has got so much better in the last couple of weeks as weve had new members, I just hope you all stick around even when youve finished your builds like me. 

Am I right in thinking weve only got about 3 UK bongos?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 12:36:43 PM by Chems » Logged

Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 07:26:29 PM »

Hey, Just down the road (relatively). I'm in Bicester.  42, Married, three kids and a dog.

I make computer and video games.

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
Chems

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 08:54:50 PM »

Ah oxford, I did a course up in Oxford last year, and I drove through some of the most lovely countryside to get to a place called Wantage.

To all UK Bongos if you ever fancy a day out you have to come down to this place: www.warfighters.eu I went for the first time a couple of weeks ago and have since become a member, its a really fun day out and all the kit is very techy.

digitalfog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 08:56:12 PM »

Hailing from Northern Colorado, just east of the Rockies.  I'm also 42, have 5 kids and two dogs, had a fish but he didnt live very long.  I'm a ER RN with a passion for technology and 3D graphics.  And I'm thrilled to have found this forum!

Digitalfog
Chems

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 12:15:19 AM »

Hailing from Northern Colorado,

Are you a trekky? Im not but when I went to see cloverfield they were advertising the new ST movie done by JJ Abrams, should be good!

AndreZX

Why buy today what you could build tomorrow?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 12:40:21 AM »

Hailing from Northern Colorado,

Are you a trekky? Im not but when I went to see cloverfield they were advertising the new ST movie done by JJ Abrams, should be good!

I'm taking an Art and Electronic Media class, and the teacher made it a point last week to show that trailer in class. I'm only a casual Star Trek watcher, but the trailer gave me goosebumps.
digitalfog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 04:10:45 AM »

No I'm not trekky, but I do enjoy good Sci-Fiction.  I'll have to check out trailer tonight, sounds interesting.  One movie I'm looking forward to is the next installment of Batman, Darknight! 
Monarch

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2008, 04:55:27 AM »

Is there going to be coffee and donuts? They told me at the other support group forum that there would be coffee and donuts.....<Monarch sits down quietly> The.. ugh....other.......forum.

robcat2075

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 05:56:50 AM »

I'm 47 in Dallas Texas. I spent 10 years doing various CG in a corporate media/video department but for the last three years, through exceedingly frugal financial behavior, I have managed to not work and not need to.

Actually i have done some freelance work along the way, but only if they called me first.

Robert Holmén
------
The Robcat View
pedro
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 09:27:41 AM »

I'm 36, based in Deal, Kent, UK. Spent the last 17 years in the same civil and structural engineering practice, started as a junior and was recenlty promoted to chief tea boy (I get to pass the biscuits out as well)  Grin.
Most of my work have been in 2D, just recenetly moved into the realms of 3D work, both in Autocad Civil 3dD and Sketchup.
Other than that its to much time spent on cycling.

Self trained expert in releasing blue smoke from electircal circuits, must get the testicular fortitude to attept a tablet mod, already got the wacom part, but it looks to good to wreck.

Monarch, you got any donuts going spare ?

Drewid
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 11:48:31 AM »

We have cake. Grin

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
Drewid
Administrator

View Profile