Bongofish
August 23, 2019, 08:57:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Age of the Bongofishians  (Read 8611 times)
AndreZX

Why buy today what you could build tomorrow?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2008, 02:42:31 PM »

It is delicious and moist...

Or... is that cake a lie? I don't know who to trust, you or your signature.  Grin
Thanatus
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2008, 09:16:15 AM »

Wow, I'm one of the youngest around it seems.

I am Nathaniel Larke of London, Ohio U.S.A. I am a 19 yr old student at *the* Ohio State University (they always emphasize the *the*). I am an undeclared major with an (official) interest in Allied Medical Professions (nurses, physicians, etc). Really I'm interested in damn near everything besides Mathematics is my problem. I am a largely self-taught traditional artist in my spare time, I have a few modest things on my dA site. Now that I'm in college I don't feel I have the freetime to do anything major or involved anymore. I also read extensively and write creatively from time to time. Things like Super Deluxe, Adult Swim, and Channel Frederator are synonymous with my sense of humour. I like to customize things, that's why I'm here. I like my third-party apps and third-party gadgets. My 5G iPod is no stranger to a screwdriver and unnofficial firmware. I'm currently working on getting OSX Leopard on my (built by moi) PC (blasphemy!) along with my Ubuntu and Vista Business x64 intallations.

This particular mod I am proud of even though it involved no electronics because I did it without any guidance, I just thought of it and did it:

It's one of my goals to learn my way around digital artistic media, especially Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, and maybe Microsoft Expression Studio, which Microsoft was so generous as to let me download and use for free.

Music is also a big hobby of mine. I played clarinet in high school band. And if you think the clarinet is lame, just watch this. I'm into all kinds of music: Blues, Rock, Country (the real stuff, not the fake crap on the radio), Classical, Folk, Bluegrass, and I have a 10,000 song library of 320 kbps mp3s to back it up. I guess my limitations are "popular" country (which makes me pine for the sweet release of death), Techno/House music, most metal, Panic At The Disco/Fall Out Boy (same band to my ears), and Bob Marley is all I know of Reggae... that's about all I can think of now. Right now I follow a lot of Alternative bands, and it helps that my city of Columbus is home to a robust independent alternative station along with the fact I am within walking distance of one of the oldest, if not the oldest standing music hall in the U.S., the Newport Music Hall.

But as for the most important reason I'm here: It's my dream to have a DIY tablet!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 09:51:33 AM by Thanatus » Logged
Geo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2008, 03:41:27 PM »

I'm 22 I was born in the USA and moved about a lot as a kid ended up in boring ass Ireland for the past 4-5 years I have been playing about in digital painting and 3d art work in my spare time. I have got my work published in magazines, won awards and even got a job to do some brochures for Coillte (the irish forestry board) I would love to get into the game/concept design job but I really think I suck at 2d/3d work. Im trying to get into art school at the end of the year (or next year) to get a BA (Bachelor of Arts)

Like a lot of you I love to take stuff apart see how it works why when I seen flows build log on his webiste I was shocked what a simple yet cool idea it was so since then I have always wanted to make one. I do have a 15" cintq I got faulty off ebay and fixed but I still want to make my own build just cuz I like to have stuff no one els has and custom made random stuff is the way to go. You can never buy anything that works the way you want it to.

AdrianEvans I'm soo jealous I always wanted to be an archaeologist I love to find old stuff find how it works how it was made and why.... cures you time team for stealing my youth.... Tongue
TheFoolishness
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2008, 06:15:32 PM »

I am Dylan, 18 but I'll be 19 on Monday (woot).   I grew up in the Sanibel/Ft. Myers area in Florida where I used to work summers for a local IT firm.  From that I learned a lot about various electronics and developed an engrossing interest in taking apart anything electronic to see how it worked and putting it back together.  When i was 17 I graduated High school a semester and a half before my peers and made an impulse decision to buy a one way ticket to Spain.  I lived in Salamanca Spain for 10 months and spent more time traveling, I worked at a bar and took classes in Spanish during the day.  A few months ago I moved back to the United States and started attending college in the northern part of Florida.  I now live in Gainesville and I am trying to decide what my major should be.

I came to this site through various searches and I believe found this site through a link posted on Instructables.com  I am attempting to make a coffee table with a touchscreen mounted flush in the tables surface.  I hope to use it in some cool way, but ultimately I am just doing this project for fun regardless of its final application.

Since registering for an account here i have not been as active as I'd like, however this will change when finals are over in the coming weeks.

Oh and speaking of Oxford, My apartment complex is named Oxford Manor, i thought it was an interesting little coincidence. 
Sorry for all the bragging  Grin
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: