Bongofish
January 18, 2020, 07:04:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Components for impending build...  (Read 8981 times)
AndreZX

Why buy today what you could build tomorrow?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2008, 06:44:16 PM »

Um. Mines got tilt.   

And there are other builds in the list that have worked, but I've not got round to changing the tags yet  - oops. Roll Eyes

Reeally? Huh. I wonder if my tablet's defective or if I'm just stupid?  Grin

Very interesting. I'll have to play around with that.
Switz

S W I N T I Q If it aint broke, MAKE IT BETTER!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2008, 07:06:30 PM »

Yeah, mine has tilt too.
And me neither, can't tell about pressure sensitivity.

Made that, not my best, but I love it.  Firefoxy lol
It's all fun and games till someone loses a testicle.   Cheesy
Thanatus
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2008, 09:02:52 PM »

The problem with the 18x25 tablet is that it's not the same aspect ratio as a 30" screen. The display is actually a little bit wider (I made a couple illustrations in the thread "Time to Step it Up?" that show the relative sizes.)

True true.

It seems a good idea to stick with 22". As far as a brand I now think ideally I'd want a Planar. They have a reputation for above average colour accuracy, many of their models have a portrait view feature, AND external power supplies! It's as if they were made for this stuff!

I'm probably not going to have my art printed in mass quantities any time soon, so I guess the colour accuracy is more a plus than a must, but the external power supply seals the deal.

Of course, the problem with such a high quality product is that there aren't too many broken and for sale, unlike Dell or Gateway. There is a 20" on ebay I'd like to get but before I can bid I need to convince the folks to set up a paypal and let me pay them back for it, as I'm a student with no credit card. So that auction will be gone before I can get that set up.

Although I have no hands-on experience yet I think it'd be a good idea for anyone going for a new build to take a good look at Planar as well.

So here's the Lo-down so far:

22" monitor, preferably Planar.

12x19 Wacom pad.

With that I'm going to dig for some schematics of a likely Planar model.
Switz

S W I N T I Q If it aint broke, MAKE IT BETTER!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2008, 01:15:32 AM »

You could always dual screen.  I have one set up, with my nice 19" UltraBrite crt. Perfect colors Smiley

Made that, not my best, but I love it.  Firefoxy lol
It's all fun and games till someone loses a testicle.   Cheesy
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2008, 10:29:52 AM »

I wonder what LCD panel planar use. I doubt they build their own.  Might be a specific driver board though.

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: