As suggested I start a build log. I have already posted some things here: http://forum.bongofish.co.uk/index.php?topic=1206.0
about display cables extensions. The project materials:
- Acer AL1511, a cheap but working 15", 3 years old display. No external power brick, but it seems possible to separe it from the central chassisEdit: my acer is dead. In replacement I've found a cheap dell 1503 fp, works great.
- A never used wacom intuos 3 A4, given to me by a friend
- All the tools needed
- My poor knowledge in electronics (hopefully bongofishers are here)!
- in advance I excuse for my poor English. I'm Swiss and usually speak French
- for my measurements, I will use the metric system (millimetres, centimetres, etc...) because I understand nothing to inches, feet and so on. Sorry.
- I'm a Freelance Graphic Designer, work on a pc, and a long user of wacom products.
- have a good final design, ideally all black
- design in two parts: one for the power and central unit (perhaps also used as "docking station"), and the other composed of the lcd and the wacom: this one should be as light as possible
- achieving this in less than 3 months from now (if I don't put a deadline, it will go for years).The project status now:
- lcd and backlit disassembled
- display cable extended
- backlit cables extended, need to fix some interference problems probably due to wrong cable gauge / insulation
Next to come...