Bongofish
November 15, 2019, 11:20:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: The Frankenstiq --Was "Le French Bongtiq in progress"  (Read 53926 times)
Kerbec29

from Brittany

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2008, 03:32:16 PM »

Thanks Switz. I already uninstalled twice with the control panel. I'll try again with your method.

Trying to get free of lead and india ink since 1978.
Kerbec29

from Brittany

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2008, 04:44:52 PM »

Well, didn't find a uninstaller at Wacom Europe. But I do found one at wacom asia : wacuist.exe. Launch it and say that "an error occurred in deletion precessing of some files or registry". It ask me to perform deletion once again or "check history or delete manually" wich I would do gladly if I knew how.

Intalled anyway and old same routine started again... No pen.

By the way Windows says " Windows wasn't able to charge the pen installer" (my translation from french). Tried to find a pen installer on Windows update, but didn't find one.

At this moment I am not able to uninstall wacom drivers from the Control panel either witch I could do before... "Internal error. Impossible to charge or to call the external dll."

I think i have havoc on the registry. Don't know how to clean that...

Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2008, 08:52:20 PM »

You run regedit.exe and search for any mention of Wacom, then delete that entry.  It should be quite easy wacom will have things arranged properly so it should be quite easy.

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
colinus

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2008, 09:16:45 PM »

Yep. it should work with a search in the reg (but PLEASE make a backup before any other operation)!
For my uninstallation needs, I prefer using this: http://www.crystalidea.com/index.php?action=show_page&name=utool. Utool goes really faster than this shitty "Add or Remove tool". In some cases for me (too mutch softs installed om my pc), it has saved me a lot of time, and removed olds softs that the windows tool won't. Give it a try!

Good luck!

Kerbec29

from Brittany

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2008, 09:25:44 PM »

Thanks Drew, Collinus. I will give it a try.

In fact since I work on installing that serial socket on my laptop since yesterday I had enough of it for the day.

At least I succeded installing the 15" screen in my old tabletop. No need to squat my wife's no more... I simply reduced the resolution and Bingo !
The tablet works fine in a real serial socket, there.
Time to begin working on the casing of all the stuff.

Have a lot to read of what others did.

Strange thing, you can read the logs over and over again, it's not untill you are really face to face with the problems that you actually realise their true nature.

Switz

S W I N T I Q If it aint broke, MAKE IT BETTER!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2008, 12:40:12 AM »

Thanks Drew, Collinus. I will give it a try.

In fact since I work on installing that serial socket on my laptop since yesterday I had enough of it for the day.

At least I succeded installing the 15" screen in my old tabletop. No need to squat my wife's no more... I simply reduced the resolution and Bingo !
The tablet works fine in a real serial socket, there.
Time to begin working on the casing of all the stuff.

Have a lot to read of what others did.

Strange thing, you can read the logs over and over again, it's not untill you are really face to face with the problems that you actually realise their true nature.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, THEY WARNED ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(your reaction)

Made that, not my best, but I love it.  Firefoxy lol
It's all fun and games till someone loses a testicle.   Cheesy
colinus

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2008, 06:29:09 AM »

Perfectly true!
In my case I have to find solutions every 15 minutes when I work on my project. Perhaps if I were an engineer, it won't happen... But I'm only a mid-skilled diy guy. For now I'm near the end of the back cover phase (I hope).

Kerbec29

from Brittany

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2008, 06:02:44 PM »

Well lots of work, folks... I'll post some snaps later, right now I am in serious trouble I think.

See for yourselves

I mean the white one at the bottom, of course. I think I fried some bottom row electronics... Hope it is only bad isolation...

Switz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2008, 07:17:09 PM »

Hard to see, bigger pic please.  I assume you messed something up with the FFC.  Not a huge deal, but it may or may not be fixable.  Turn it off, unplug and replug in all cables and see if it disappears.

Kerbec29

from Brittany

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2008, 08:06:37 PM »

Thanks Switz,

Maybe this one is clearer.

I will try to reconnect all the cables...

Switz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2008, 05:37:05 AM »

Thanks for the pic.

Yeah, it seems to be a cable or FFC thing.  If the cables replugging, you might want to try just rubbing off the ends of the ffc's (be careful) to make sure there isnt any dust or anything.

If not, it might be permenant.

colinus

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2008, 09:13:56 AM »

Yep,
during my tests I've had the same problem. Finally I've cleaned the ends of the ffc with acetone, and vacuumed the ffc connector, and everything was ok after that.
Perhaps it could be a short in your row / column pcb, I suggest that you insulate it...
Does the display trashed row moves if you gently moves the row / column pcb's?

Kerbec29

from Brittany

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2008, 06:59:03 PM »

Thanks for the advice, Switz, Colinus.
You gave me back my spirits. I will do what you say.

Colinus:  Yes, when I touch the last row pcb's there's some reaction at the bad strip level. Nothing great. A black line that budges.
I cheked the pcb's with a magnifier and everything looks OK. No cuts, no shorts... Anyway, I still have to clean the FFC's contacts. I'll post after the clean up.

colinus

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2008, 09:43:08 PM »

Colinus:  Yes, when I touch the last row pcb's there's some reaction at the bad strip level. Nothing great. A black line that budges.
I cheked the pcb's with a magnifier and everything looks OK. No cuts, no shorts... Anyway, I still have to clean the FFC's contacts. I'll post after the clean up.

Ouch, smells bad for my opinion... Did you have checked that the soldering / gluing joints are ok here (in red on your edited pic):

The connections with the "ffc-like" brown cable between the pcb and the lcd are VERY fragile. I've broken one with my first screen attempt... So for the second one, they were (and are now) taped with electrical fabric tape.
Give it a check!

In a general manner:
- avoid moving things if you don't really need it
- always triple-check everything, especially the one's you can't go back (like cutting cables)
- always insulate everything metallic / conductive
- always check the conductivity of the materials you use with a multimeter (I've even found conductive plastic tape  Shocked).
- always a clean workspace
- avoid dust
- and so on....

Good luck!

I hope it's just a matter of insulation or connection... fingers crossed.

Switz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2008, 09:58:23 PM »

Ouch, smells bad for my opinion... Did you have checked that the soldering / gluing joints are ok here (in red on your edited pic):

The connections with the "ffc-like" brown cable between the pcb and the lcd are VERY fragile. I've broken one with my first screen attempt... So for the second one, they were (and are now) taped with electrical fabric tape.
Give it a check!
Those are FFC's.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: