Bongofish
December 14, 2019, 06:53:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: wei's iTab- complete  (Read 87012 times)
wei803

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2008, 04:00:52 AM »

1.33 G4 should be sufficient to run Leopard + CS1-2. Max out the RAM to 1.5GB. I would not suggest <G5 machine to run CS3.
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2008, 09:55:12 AM »

How would that handle 3k-5k square resolutions? just wonderin like.

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
wei803

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2008, 02:46:51 AM »

I would not suggest to push that poor thing that way. Apple lock the firmware so the VGA out only capable of doing mirroring internal display. Meaning max 1024x768px is what you get. But there has been a firmware hack to enable spanning plus supporting higher resolution. It's not a 100% safe hack. Some user reported good results, some as bad as frying the mobo.
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2008, 07:07:10 PM »

ok.
Are you calling this finished or are there some more tweaks to do? If it's done I'll move it into the sucessfull builds bpard.

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
wei803

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2008, 04:56:22 AM »

Still some tweak but very minor.
m0x

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2008, 10:09:57 PM »

Well...may I ask you what type of UXGA panel u used ?
I'm planning since some weeks to build one cintiq on my own and this mac tablet just looks as beautiful as nothing else...i hope I can spot some lcd-broken macbook outta there Wink

But the first thing to go is the wacom and the "TFT".
I think I have to bite the bullet and buy a used Wacom tablet for about 200€ here in Germany, cause no- and I mean NO - international seller wants to ship to europe :/

But besides that I've spottet many UXGA displays on ebay and elsewhere and I'm not sure which one to buy... there are several used ones, built out of there IBM cases, costs ~ 90€ each and many many new ones pricing from 130 up to over 300€, where I'm not that sure which one I should take, with having an eye on my pocketmoney as student... ;/

I would be very glad if I could get an answer from an expert on this territory :]

Greets, Julian
wei803

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2008, 02:29:00 AM »

The panel I'm using is BOE HV150UX1-101. Do bare in mind if you buy a panel is the panel only you will be getting. Where these panel supposed to go into ready made laptop as replacement/upgrade. So please look for kit set where you get the VGA/DVI input drive board bundled and pre-programme for you as well. Unless you're very sure what you doing. All LCD panel need to be driven by a driver board that output correct frequency in order to work nicely. Getting the LCD is easy and like you said they are everywhere. But getting the right driver board is a very different story.
m0x

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2008, 02:57:32 PM »

thats good to hear.
So for time reasons, could you - if you remember - send me the name of the driverset and kit you were buying as PM and maybe even where you get it from?
As you said - I am not thaaat sure what I'm really doing - I maybe need some more help by this, cause I'm studying cognitive sciences and want to study art in the next years and not computer technology O:-)  ^^

But thanks so far, your "iTab" just looks awesome, I really really love it... =)

Greetings from Germany, Julian =)
wei803

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2009, 06:09:23 AM »

I've submitted my work to MacMod challenge 2008 and gotten place #10 Cheesy
http://www.macmod.com/site-news/1801-2008-mod-of-the-year-announced
Claymonkey

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2009, 11:32:04 PM »

Just seeing that you won now.. Congrats! Still one of the cleanest mods I've seen.

Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.
wei803

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2009, 11:42:45 AM »

Thanks!

I've just made a short video of it after a looong time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMp6yd_lrVc
iRoc
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2009, 08:19:04 AM »

Umm that was a modding contest right?

I think you should have gotten way higher. I mean the number one guy didn't really mod anything, being as it was really more of a hack by changing some code. TIN coated iPhone was pure poo. Don't get me wrong TIN is the bomb, but he himself didn't do anything. He got it coated. He modded nothing. All it did was say I have too much money to play with, to me. You actually made something form other somethings. You got two very separate things to dance a beautiful dance together.  How can people not recognize that is 80 hundred million times way kewler.  Sad
wei803

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2009, 10:46:03 AM »

iRoc, thanks for your kind reply. Well I believe the judging are fair. Maybe they have their own guideline on how a mod should be. Anyway, I wasn't building to enter their contest, was so happened I came across the contest during my research. But I am really disappointed by the organisers as until now I haven't even receive the entry gift that I'm supposed to get last year. Looking at this I won't submit any of my work to the contest.
Fantas-tiq
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2009, 09:54:46 PM »

Hats off to you Wei. That's one of the cleanest DIY's I've seen!
wei803

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2009, 02:25:33 AM »

Thanks Fantas-tiq.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: