Bongofish
December 06, 2019, 02:04:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: wei's iTab- complete  (Read 86921 times)
crashnburn
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2010, 07:59:44 PM »

thats good to hear.
So for time reasons, could you - if you remember - send me the name of the driverset and kit you were buying as PM and maybe even where you get it from?
As you said - I am not thaaat sure what I'm really doing - I maybe need some more help by this, cause I'm studying cognitive sciences and want to study art in the next years and not computer technology O:-)  ^^

But thanks so far, your "iTab" just looks awesome, I really really love it... =)

Greetings from Germany, Julian =)

Can you please tell me which driver kit and where you bought it from?
threedprof
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2010, 08:29:28 PM »

I would love to know this information, also.

Thanks!
wei803

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2010, 01:46:34 PM »

Hi, sorry for getting back late. The set I have are DVI + VGA driver board. The simplest one I can get. Come with control strip, backlit driver, the main board and 12V power adapter. I bought it with the LCD, matching LVDS cable was provided as well.
Hieron
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2010, 03:08:42 PM »

Looks amazing Wei, real nice.

I have been using the same Intuos 3 for years now and recently been checking out the 12/21" Cintiqs. Am a bit worried by some comments about jitter and stuff with the 12" and the 21" has been sold out for a while and they say it won't be available anytime soon :|

I'd love to get a new Intuos 4 to work on, and do your part 1 of the build to the Intuos 3 and take it home for some casual couch painting Smiley
I wouldn't place a laptop onto it, there would be a small HTPC nearby. How does your final build do, regarding jitter etc if you'd leave the laptop on the backside out?

Been ages since I did a mod, but this one is hard to pass up..
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2010, 03:49:08 PM »

Welcome Heiron!

So do I understand correctly that you want to do a "DIY Cintiq" essentially? This forum is dedicated just to that task. Smiley  You may look around a bit. There is also a mini wiki.bongofish.co.uk that is its infancy but contains a few things too.  Ask away! Smiley   There is also tabletmod.com that you could check out. (One of our member spin-off)
Hieron
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2010, 04:56:05 PM »

Hi Bernard!

Thanks, and I did check out the forums and I really like it so far Smiley A DIY Cintiq is exactly what I need indeed.. esp. with the wintermonths coming up and a new effort to not be in my office all the time yet still have the feeling to do something remotely usefull yet fun at home on the couch. (not much a of a TV person)

I'm especially drawn to the mod by Wei since I have the Intuos 3 involved, love the resulting look and it seems to have been quite succesfull. There are alot of open questions still though, so may have to open a thread for it perhaps.. and not spam Wei's thread too much.

Open questions would be
-the amount of jitter for Wei without the laptop nearby
-any issues with reading height for Wei?
-good panels to use (I prefer a high res one like Wei with decent viewing angles.. possibly) (MacBooks have really nice ones, but common laptop screens are so so)
-what drive board to get
-is it possible to get the Intuos 3 back together and alive if the mod doesn't work

But I guess time (actually, more likely friendly board members Smiley) will tell. Am on a Uni so got access to some nice equipment (heck, a top class cleanroom if I wanted Tongue)..  For now in some spare time trying to get a grip on what would be needed and my odds of killing the LCD panel before it is done Smiley
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 06:30:34 PM by Hieron » Logged
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2010, 07:09:25 PM »

Yes, you can start a "build" thread if you intend to go for it.  Posting into others thread is good to get the attention (not everybody watches all threads).

Wacom tablets are solid beast and you can always rebuild them easily without a problem -- the only problem is voiding the warranty if this is a recent purchase.  Some Wacom board died but it is quite rare and it was stuff like high-voltage crossover with the inverter or stuff like that.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: