Bongofish
August 20, 2019, 10:26:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Lurker becomes a poster  (Read 3265 times)
Claymonkey

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2008, 03:25:46 PM »

I've been visiting the site practically daily since I found it. I'm waiting for all my bits and pieces to show up from ebay so I can start building. the build thread will happen when I actually start.

Until then I'll have to wait and just play with the UD-1212-R that I received yesterday. For the age of these units I'm VERY impressed by it.  VERY responsive and HUGE. 256 levels of pressure does not seem to be a hinderance as far as I can tell yet.  Sadly i think I paid more for the pen and power cable than I did for the tablet.  But hey, it just worked from the moment i plugged it in. I really can't complain.

About me:  Went to school for sculpture but make my living as a Network Admin.. how did that happen again?  A project like this peeks my interest from both aspects of my geekiness.  I've been wanting a Cintiq since before it was a product so if I make this work I'll be a happy camper. 

Hopefully you see a lot of me here.

Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.
Switz

S W I N T I Q If it aint broke, MAKE IT BETTER!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 12:41:08 AM »

Welcome.

Nice ava btw.

Made that, not my best, but I love it.  Firefoxy lol
It's all fun and games till someone loses a testicle.   Cheesy
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 07:56:19 PM »

He he .  It's funny how people end up doing the jobs they do.   Welcome and have fun.

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
Claymonkey

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 08:22:34 PM »

Well I went to school planning on double majoring in art and computers so I could do video game design (this in 1995 and there weren't a lot of programs yet). I fell in love with classical art and moved towards sculpture. That.. and if you double major pick classes with SOME overlapping classes. That and my brain just couldn't flip between left and right hemispheres quickly enough Wink

On an 'oh NO' note my lcd panel came in today... with a corner of it bent at a 30-40 degree angle... needless to say I'm now scrounging again. I haven't heard back from the seller yet.

Annoyingly the lvds controller I bought http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180243868856&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=008 is coming already configured for the 1400x1050 of the 15" Samsung panel. Anyone have any luck reprogramming those once they get to you from Hong Kong?

Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: