Bongofish
December 08, 2019, 02:12:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: wei's iTab - similary possible with a Powerbook G4 ?  (Read 2738 times)
m0x

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2008, 08:41:12 PM »

Well, the questino above is what I wanted to know Wink

Maybe wei could answer that, I'm not sure...
He used an Macbook for his build, but - fortunately or unfortunately, how u see it - I got the possibility to get a Powerbook G4 , 15" with a cracked display.

But I'm not sure if it's possible to make this "iTab" work with a Powerbook like that, or if its too big, so that there stands something out at the sides of the Wacom-Case ?

iWould be glad if someone could answer me that ?Smiley

Greets, Julian

PS: sorry wei, but I just love this iTab-Mod sooooo damn much Smiley
wei803

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 03:16:35 AM »

Hi there,

Before you start, like I mentioned in PM. Just study as much as you could. Don't jump the gun or rush things. Plan, think, budget it. My project might seems to proceed smoothly, but it wasn't my first build. DIYer here are really helpful. Read their log. Me too have done the same.

As of having a 15" PowerBook behind a wacom intuos (let's say it's 9x12 model) it's very simple, get the measurement of both and you get a good idea.
http://www.wacom-asia.com/products/intuos3/spec/spec_tablet.html
http://support.apple.com/kb/SP38

And I did a quick drawing:

It seems to fit nicely. But you have very little space left for the LCD drive board. Put some thinking there, I'm sure you can think of something.

Internet is full of information, make use of it.

Cheers!
wei
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 03:35:35 AM by wei803 » Logged
m0x

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 11:57:38 AM »

THanks !=)

Well...unfortunately I bought a 12x12inch Wacom, which seems to be not that nice to work with... maybe I sell it again oder keep it for "tests" and so on to try myself out before going to the real "action" Wink

I've read several "successfull" blogs the last few weeks...but yours was definetily the best documented one, besides the really really detailed one of Drew Wink

I keep on reading and I'll try to find any 15" screens with a fitting lvds controller.... (since now I just found the one you told me , but neither a controller for it, nor another 15" display with an attached controller Sad((( )

And the Email address you gave me...well there's no one answering... Sad

Greets, Julian
wei803

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 03:16:56 AM »

You sure you got the right email?
I've just received email from him few days ago. Try MSN messenger with the same address.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: