Bongofish
August 19, 2019, 08:34:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: LinTIQ build log - Completed  (Read 17277 times)
jake67
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2008, 12:50:48 AM »

Excellent!  Cool video.  I only got as far as the mess of lines on the screen.  Somehow when I rechecked everything, I managed to  kill the 1503.  Good to  see your build coming along - gives me some inspiration.  Look forward to watching it progress towards completion. 
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2008, 06:59:57 PM »

I can't emphasise too much how fragile the guts of a monitor are, Try to handle it as little as possible, and be very gentle and slow with everything.    To try positioning things differently I'd recommend cutting out pieces of cardboard the same size as all of the boards and stuff and try out positioning with those rather than the real thing.

That video is really really cool.    That's when you really get what its all about. It feels so different from using a plain ol tablet.

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
elin

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2008, 04:24:05 AM »

More udpates:

I cut the buttons for the monitor so it'll fit in the tablet casing:

I extended the cable the the board that drives the lights:

Tests show that extension works:

Placement of boards and cables:

Lots of tin to try and shield the cables to stop jitter:

Used self made hot knife out of flattened tip and solder to cut hole then file down to smooth cut:

Drilled holes for monitor buttons and closed case:

Viola: a video of it in use:

« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 05:29:53 PM by elin » Logged
m0x

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2008, 12:29:42 PM »

Cool thing, but I got one question =)

..maybe I over-read it ... but do you "protect" your screen by something like acrylic glass or something?

My worries would be that I would scratch the display with the pen while painting.... =/

Greets, Julian=)
elin

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2008, 04:56:38 PM »

Ah, I didnt log about the screen.

I put there is an acrylic sheet on the screen, but saw that there were "bubbles" when using the pen, so I put a thin sheet of plastic between the acrylic and the lcd screen, and then another thin sheet of plastic on top of the acrylic.
texotic
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2009, 06:54:44 AM »

wow very nice and clean build, i'm still learning about this stuff but i want to build one to do some photomanipulation :p Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: