Bongofish
December 06, 2019, 04:17:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: La Fox Tablet build...  (Read 32738 times)
wei803

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2008, 11:05:28 AM »

Mine was "sandwich" by the clear case & PCB. Supported by the signal cable, some L shape plastic with double-side tape.
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2008, 01:26:09 PM »

In mine the LCD is taped to the lid of the case with electrical tape, right along the edges,  and the plastic cover it just held in place by being the right size.

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
m0x

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2008, 08:13:11 PM »

BTW :
did you order from diy-beamer yet ?

I wrote them a mail but they did not reply yet on it, and that was some weeks ago...

what did your order ?=)
Le_renard

Born to be (Oscar) Wild(e)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2008, 11:38:06 PM »

Yes, I did. I ordered (as mentioned in the introduction summary of this topic I think) two FFC extension cables + their pcb board connectors...

Thanks guys for the tips.. I'll try to get some inspiration from you ^^

Le_renard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2008, 11:27:04 PM »

The classic 1503FP...

No turning back now !

Here is the i.d of the monitor. ( I took a lot of pictures, but they're quite the same as the other 1503 builds, so...)

Et voila... The Wacom tablet is underneath this gorgeous napkin ( you all will notice the man of taste... ).
By the way, can you see that line on the screen ( lower part of the screen ) ? It's not supposed to be there !
I think the screen is wounded ^
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 11:55:45 PM by Le_renard » Logged

Le_renard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2008, 11:39:10 PM »

I removed this little magnet ( originally used to hold the remote control ) of the front panel.

Here is where stood a drilled white aluminium plate. The Wacom sensor board will unfortunately, have to pop-out of this "window" ( it doesn't fit in the case )

The back of the case. I unscrewed everything and removed the metal plate and the stand holder. ( if kept in place, it would have crushed the various boards )

But I kept the beautiful stand, and will use it this way !

Le_renard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2008, 11:48:05 PM »

I put all these boards on a plastic leftover, because I felt I was going to break something sooner or later ! ( Maybe I did and don't know it yet...)

I taped a transparent plastic sheet on the front panel to support the lcd...
I had to enlarge (or melt) with a Dremel a nice part of this panel because the active area of the tablet was not at the right place !
I really didn't want to do that, but had no choice. I will have to hide this mess !

I don't know if it's still working because I don't have the ffc extension cables yet.

And finally, this is where I plan to drill the holes for the lcd settings.

Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2008, 05:56:50 PM »

That case is going to work really well isn't it.  It's looking smart.

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
m0x

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2008, 08:19:04 PM »

hey renard... what exactely did you order ?

I just cant find anything on this page... I dont know why... T_T
Le_renard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2008, 10:00:41 PM »

what exactely did you order ?
- 2x FFC Extension cables (40pin / 0.5mm pitch) + PCB Board (it's a package. here's the link... http://www.diy-beamer.com/EN/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=92

That case is going to work really well isn't it.  It's looking smart.
- Thanks Drew ! I think the case could look nice... I just think I may break something sooner or later on this first build. This "dead line" on the lcd worries me. Well, if things go bad on this first build, I would probably try to find another 1503 to replace it and keep the case... learning by mistakes. I'm also thinking about insulation of the various parts and boards. Since all those boards are fixed on this plastic sheet, do you think I need to insulate them in another way ?

m0x

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2008, 10:56:28 PM »

ah, just 2 of these... I just looked for "double extensions", but did not found anything... but ok =)
then I will order 2 of these Cheesy

THere are two revisions of the 1503. They use different FFC connectors, so you'll need to know which revision before you order.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 07:49:51 PM by Drewid » Logged
Le_renard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2008, 11:16:35 PM »

...btw, did you order your LCD screen from "delwi.de" ?
- Yes, I did. The delivery was longer than I expected. It was well packed, but there is this "dead line" on the screen, which was not supposed to be there. Did I do myself or not ? I'll never know since I didn't - how stupid of me - test it before working on the screen.

m0x

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2008, 11:21:42 PM »

mhh...I ordered one of them too

...well...does the warranty crack down if you split it up?

Just send them an email and ask them if thats normal for their screens...

...I dont hope so...

I just spend 29€ on the extension cables + pcb connectors... ^^
m0x

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2008, 11:33:13 PM »

btw... got icq ?Smiley

I think then I could ask you some questions at the time the monitor arrives and how you get along with yours very quickly Smiley

...of course otherway 'round also Smiley

...the tablet is already here...the other parts payed already... =)
Le_renard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2008, 12:08:17 AM »

Bending plastic
I've been working on the project for an hour or so today, still waiting for the ffc cables extensions.
I wanted to try to bend some plastic sheet in order to make a protection for the wacom board. So I got myself a cheap hot air gun and simply try.
The first try was the one ! It's not very clean or whatever, but well, it will protect it all so that's a good start...

I blocked the pvc sheet (badly cut with a Dremel... don't do that... it only melts... I should have used an electric saw)
I used this table because it has the right size and angle for what I needed

Then you have to use the hot air gun.
Tips : Use gloves to protect your hands / heat both sides of the sheet to avoid breaking / keep on heating while bending slowly the sheet.

Here is the result. I'm sure with a little practice and planning, you could do far better than that.

This is where it should be placed...

And, by the way, I received the Apple mini dvi to dvi-d and the Logitech Nulooq Controller...
It's a beautiful device, pretty heavy and well designed. ( I took a picture of it lying on a cd, to give you an idea of the actual size )

The only, but major (to me) problem is that it only "really" works with CS2, not CS3 !!

You can use the device to zoom in/out, move into your picture freely, and set the size of your brush etc... you can also configure 4 hotkeys... so that's a good start, BUT...
Logitech released a now discontinued software called Tooldial for Adobe CS2 only... this software was meant to give you a full access to all the main menus of Photoshop without using the mouse....
Meaning you could work on full screen with no menus for instance... a bit like Artrage interface, but all hardware ! It's really a shame they decided to let this software down.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: