test1
April 30, 2017, 03:43:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: goldflakesmall's build log  (Read 11924 times)
goldflakesmall
New Poster

View Profile
« on: August 28, 2008, 01:42:55 PM »

Hi guys,
I have already finished my build, so I am uploading the photos of the completed build. Grin

So, this is it guys:).
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 01:24:42 AM by goldflakesmall » Logged
MrDomino

Can't stop me

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 04:10:58 PM »

Right on.  Nice looking build!  I have a couple questions though: is there anything protecting the LCD?  I can't quite tell, but it doesn't look like there's any glass on top there.  Also, do you have any pictures of progress during the build?

I like the mashup of cases you've got going there, combining the tablet and monitor case like that.  Always inspiring to see more successes!
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 08:43:30 PM »

Zoom, Bam, Woosh, Who was that masked goldflakesmall?

That's ace, a good bolt-together build, and another good known combination of monitor/tablet to add to the list.

Congratulations!

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
Geo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 04:03:18 PM »

^^ well its not pretty but good work Smiley what kind of cover do you use to protect the screen from the pen pushing on it?
goldflakesmall
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 04:44:59 PM »

Right on.  Nice looking build!  I have a couple questions though: is there anything protecting the LCD?  I can't quite tell, but it doesn't look like there's any glass on top there.  Also, do you have any pictures of progress during the build?

I like the mashup of cases you've got going there, combining the tablet and monitor case like that.  Always inspiring to see more successes!

Hi MrDomino, yes it is covered with a 2mm thick acrylic sheet. It's of an exact size of the cut on the top cover of the tablet, it fits perfectly and I have taped it on the top so that I can replace it in the future.

I wanted to avoid the trouble of extending the flat cable so I was trying to arrange the parts in a way that I won't need any extensions( another reason was that these cables are not available out here in India, I guess few people here order it from Lumenlab and it takes a month or so to get delivered.)
goldflakesmall
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 05:07:02 PM »

Zoom, Bam, Woosh, Who was that masked goldflakesmall?

That's ace, a good bolt-together build, and another good known combination of monitor/tablet to add to the list.

Congratulations!

Thanks Drew!
Yes, it's a good combination of monitor/tablet and the inner structure of the monitor is not very complex. the flat cable has 18 signals and its not one of those very delicate and flat ones( all the 18 cables are very thin and separate(they r like the ones u see in the lan cable.))

It has a small jittering issue but it doesn't affect much. I do my professional illustration work on ths and I think its fine.

I am modeling it in google sketchup and will upload the .skp file and the pictures soon:)

Hurray!!!!!
Finished it in less than a week:)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 03:54:10 PM by goldflakesmall » Logged
goldflakesmall
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 05:19:19 PM »

^^ well its not pretty but good work Smiley what kind of cover do you use to protect the screen from the pen pushing on it?
Thanks Geo,
yes, it's not pretty but I think its kind of those nokia phone designs which are made to last long Smiley

Basically I didn't want to restructure the whole thing, I thought  it will make it more delicate and playing around with these parts too much is very dangerous as there is a possibility of breaking something which results into more spending.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 08:17:02 PM by goldflakesmall » Logged
MrDomino

Can't stop me

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 08:58:39 PM »

I look forward to seeing the sketchup work!

You've actually given me an idea for my tablet.  I'm going to have the inverter board and LCD board fastened on the outside back of the tablet, and I'll use the back half of my monitor case to cover it.  This way, I'll also be able to use the really nice stand that the monitor came with.  Yay!
goldflakesmall
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 07:48:28 PM »

I look forward to seeing the sketchup work!

You've actually given me an idea for my tablet.  I'm going to have the inverter board and LCD board fastened on the outside back of the tablet, and I'll use the back half of my monitor case to cover it.  This way, I'll also be able to use the really nice stand that the monitor came with.  Yay!

I'm glad that my build log is helping you get ideas:)

I will upload the sketchup file in couple of days more, so that you can get more clearer idea!
unit613
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 08:42:47 PM »

Are there anymore pictures, I'd like too see a little more of this build so I can get some ideas, I've just finished stripping my monitor.
goldflakesmall
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2008, 01:11:11 AM »

Hi guys,
here is the diagram I made using sketchup,
hope it helps.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 04:39:27 AM by goldflakesmall » Logged
goldflakesmall
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2008, 05:01:54 AM »

And here is the link to the sketchup file, enjoy:)

http://c.imagehost.org/download/0717/DIY_Cintiq_Diagram.skb
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 11:32:29 PM by goldflakesmall » Logged
goldflakesmall
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2008, 05:11:23 AM »

It has some more screws in the back as you can see them in the pictures, but I think it won't be necessary to model it in sketchup.   
MrDomino

Can't stop me

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2008, 09:54:28 AM »

That's fantastic!  Thank you!

Now the million dollar question: did you use your sim-tiq to make the sketchup model? Cheesy
goldflakesmall
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2008, 10:07:13 AM »

That's fantastic!  Thank you!

Now the million dollar question: did you use your sim-tiq to make the sketchup model? Cheesy
Yep:) I do paintings on this and it's rocking!!!!!
Thanks for the comments MrDomino and best wishes to you:)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: