Bongofish
October 21, 2019, 03:13:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey Drewid anachronistic denizen...  (Read 3367 times)
metapharsical

View Profile
« on: September 19, 2008, 02:26:05 AM »

I was just thinking...  If someone did build a steampunk simtiq,
wouldn't one refer to this as a anachronistic-cintiq?
and, how could we shorten this name up?     hmmm...

OH YEAH, THE ANTIQ !
MrDomino

Can't stop me

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 06:15:36 AM »

Ahahaha, that's fantastic.  It would have to be a very well done, polished build to live up to the name, though.
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 08:47:01 AM »

Hehe. I like that.  You could build an anachronis-tiq as well.

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
metapharsical

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 04:35:47 AM »

I guess it works on either pronunciation of cintiq, but obviously I'm thinking that cintiq sounds like technique
Is it in fact pronounced sin-tic?

As for my recockulously big build...    Grin
received my 22" LG widescreen today.
Intuos3 12x19 should arrive early next week.

I'm resisting the temptation to swizt my monitor before the tablet gets here  Wink

I tested my intact intuos3 6x8 at various spots around the edges of the not-yet-stripped monitor to see if my foolish ambition would be obliterated forthright by the devils of the ether  Shocked
Preliminaries are double plus good.  Though it's far from a verifiable test.

IF everything goes well.  My plans for a case and stand are going to be more H.R.Giger than steampunk.  I'm a CNC machinist at a shop, I do 3D modeling, and I've made a fiberglass mold before, so I've been thinking of some wild ideas.
Thinking of a steampunk case is goading my creative side as well.  So, if you have any links I could follow to where steampunk craftsman share their wealth of antiquated materials wisdom -I'd eat it up.  Brassgoggles.uk is down because of overwhelming traffic.
I geek out when I see some of the finished products these artists are able to make out of scavenged bits and baubles.
I saw your phono-goggles in the etc.. build section. TRES COOL!

Thanks Drew, for setting up this amazing website and sticking with it for so long!
I will try and do us all proud!
See ya in a week!
metapharsical

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 04:36:02 AM »

P.S. apologies  if this isn't the appropriate section for this thread, I probably should have posted this in general discussion, feel free to move it...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: