test1
September 20, 2017, 06:30:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: 22" & 12x19 build! -The Exotiq  (Read 56838 times)
Fantas-tiq
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2009, 12:43:07 AM »

Great build! Hats off to you buddy  Smiley
Patterick

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2009, 02:01:23 PM »

This has got to be the best and freakiest most awesome monitor holder I've ever seen ...

This stand is seriously mass-production worthy
elin

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2009, 03:03:33 PM »

That is amazing. I haven't even opened mine yet. I have a cat running around now and am afraid of the pieces breaking. I need to find some sort of sitter for a month or two.
Le_renard

Born to be (Oscar) Wild(e)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2009, 02:26:47 PM »

That's great, really love it !
it would be a perfect control surface for me ^^

xguy
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2009, 08:21:11 AM »

This is an amazing build, everyone on this forum has so much talent.
I'm attempting a 22 inch tablet as well and if it comes out even half as good as yours I'll be happy (Hell i'm happy someone even came up with this idea).
Hoitjes
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 14, 2009, 02:25:00 PM »

this looks awesome! To bad I don't have skills to make a diy cintiq Cry
luxeomni

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2010, 02:25:07 AM »

with a stand like this i ll be too afraid that it wakes up at night and kill me in my sleep.
but its so awesome
wolfsoull
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 07, 2010, 11:14:05 PM »

wowowow man awesome!! the best personalization tha i see  Grin
Wence
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 08, 2010, 05:20:46 AM »

Very gothic and morbid, yet absolutely amazing! Extremely professional looking build! And incredibly artistic to boot! You win!

One by one the penguins steal my sanity...
Dragon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2011, 07:02:30 PM »

This is an awesome build.  You say you bought "museum glass" but do you know what brand/model it was?  I searched the term and something called TruView Museum Glass seems like the most likely candidate, but when I called a glass place and told them what I was doing, he said that glass will both scratch over time and accumulate finger prints easily.  He recommended TruView Reflection Control Glass which is only $12 instead of $40 for the size I want.  What do you think?
rackoony
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2015, 08:38:55 AM »

Which Dell monitor was used in the second Exotiq build? Huh The model number is never mentioned:

I got the Dell 22" e-IPS monitor and disassembled it.
Pros:

No JITTER!
    FFCs seem plenty long enough
    4 USB ports
    Great viewing angles!

Cons:

***No Backlight Slab!*** There's just a 1" deep box that contains the CCFLs behind the screen.  This will not do!
    Power and Video boards are on the same PCB, this sucks but this doesn't seem to be causing any interference

Could it be the Dell UltraSharp 2209W?
metapharsical

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2015, 02:46:08 AM »

Hello everyone!
I apologize for not posting in awhile. I'm just now following through on my second build and to come back and see the forum still buzzing after so many years is really great!
Ah! so many unanswered questions in my mailbox... sheesh, sorry to everybody.
Umm, I'll reply to anyone who PM's me henceforth...

@rackoony: that dell I had was indeed the 2209W you linked!
It might have worked nicely if I had fabricated a solution to it lacking a backlight diffuser. I would have had to scavenge a light and diffuser from a compatible monitor, which just didn't work out for me.
 In fact, after about 5 years, my Exotiq V1 hacked LED lighting (using automotive accent LED light strips) failed, probably from overdriving the LED's from a variable voltage wall-plug AC/DC adapter. It was also a bogus hack because without a dedicated LED driver/controller I could only adjust the backlight brightness by lowering the voltage to the LED strip. That's not how you're suppose to control brightness of LEDs   Embarrassed

I am now building my second Cintiq around a Dell S2204M 21.5" IPS LED backlit 16:9 ratio 1920x1080 glossy panel with scratch proof glass factory bonded to it. It has some horizontal jitters that I can't tune or shield away, but it's a very nice screen otherwise and I got two of them for very cheap.

I will post a new my build thread soon. But in the meantime anyone is free to PM me if the have questions, I'm glad to help.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 03:17:37 AM by metapharsical » Logged
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2015, 07:07:10 AM »

It seems slightly strange me saying welcome back when you joined way before me, but what the heck, Welcome back!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 07:12:31 AM by Aerendraca » Logged
rackoony
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2015, 02:50:15 PM »

@metapharsical:
I had a feeling that was the screen Grin Uh, if it didn't have a diffuser....how did you get the LEDs to work with it in the first place? Wouldn't it only light around the edges if you did that without one? Also, isn't there a cheaper or easier solution like these LED kits from ebay? Finding a diffuser though, I guess you really would have the scavange broken monitors, it seems pretty hard to find them on their own. I went ahead and bought a 2209W just for the reason of no jitter. No jitter screens seem extremely rare around here Undecided

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to: