Bongofish
August 24, 2019, 03:35:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: <Generic greeting title>  (Read 3349 times)
Trout
New Poster

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2008, 01:04:40 PM »

Hi guys. I stumbled upon this website while browsing randomly on youtube. Weird coincidence huh?
I am generally new and have little to no experience in electronics. But I do learn quite fast, as long as the item of interest have no more than a few variables and what nots.
I may not be making anything yet due to an ungodly low budget (aren't we all?) since I am still a leech.

But in the mean time I would try to understand the concept of the whole picture. I just hope the items required will not be sold out as soon as I have the money to spare. =D

Also, I would probably be frequently submitting Qs on parts, possibilities and ideas only for now if that is okay. Gotta get my theories straight first right?

Hope that I didn't type anything offensive. Anyway thanks for having me. =)
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 01:21:02 PM »

Welcome.  Ask any questions you like. 
Don't worry about typing anything offensive

Switz usually takes care of that

Wink

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
Trout
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 11:12:58 PM »

Thanks Drew. I'll be spending the most of the time trying to understand the whole picture while I save up some fat stacks of cash (okay, not so fat).

I might need some briefing on the jitter part though. For now I just assume that it is most likely interruption of the coordination system (and other what nots) due to electric current. =\ Or not.
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 10:46:44 AM »

There have been various causes of jitter. but the basic problem seems to be that electronic elements can put out magnetic fields.  these pulse at a certain frequency and throw out the magnetic field that the Wacom uses to track the pen.

Some monitors will work with one model tablet, but not another, because the tablets work on different frequencies.

It's a bit pot luck unless you use a known good combination, but jitter can be minimised by good shielding. 

In one odd case it turned out to be a failing power supply that was nowhere near the tablet.  when the supplky bwent and was replaced the jitter went away.  Roll Eyes

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
Switz

S W I N T I Q If it aint broke, MAKE IT BETTER!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 12:33:32 AM »

Welcome.  Ask any questions you like. 
Don't worry about typing anything offensive

Switz usually takes care of that

Wink
$(#%#$& @$$#$(%

Made that, not my best, but I love it.  Firefoxy lol
It's all fun and games till someone loses a testicle.   Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: