Bongofish
November 22, 2019, 02:24:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rotating the pad?  (Read 2081 times)
jlous
« on: November 21, 2008, 01:37:20 PM »

I can rotate my screen 90 degrees, tell my video driver about it, and lo and behold, I have a beautiful portrait-mode display perfect for web browsing and word processing.

I think you can guess what my question is.

Is there any way to tell the windows wacom drivers to rotate the pen coordinates?
Or any third party 'filter' that can remap a pointing device? Is it possibel to write
such a beast? I'm on XP, BTW.

Now, I don't actually have a simtiq, so I could just use the normal remapping, but It wouldn't utilize the full drawing area. And it is interesting none the less.
And the whole reason I found this site is because I was looking for a way to rotate my bamboo simply for ergonomic reasons.
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 10:02:38 PM »

Annoyingly it ought to be really really simple to do this.  It's just maths after all.   It'll depend on the particular drivers that you can get to work with your tablet, some will and some won't.   

I guess a coder could write an intermediate thing to intercept the numbers and give them a tweak.

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: