Bongofish
November 22, 2019, 02:23:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will One of These Controllers Work With My LCD??  (Read 3818 times)
superart
New Poster

View Profile
« on: December 10, 2008, 12:55:18 AM »

I have access to a dead Toshiba 3505 laptop. The Screen that is in it is Toshiba LTM12C328T. I really want to use this screen because it is a really nice, thin setup with a wacom tablet already installed behind it.

The screen is 12.1" TFT active matrix, 1024 x 768 ( XGA ), not wide screen, 24-bit (16.7 million colors), Rotating screen.

I spent a good 3 hours trying to find either a datasheet or a controler that is confirmed to work with it. The closest I have been able to get is this:
http://www.digitalview.com/controllers/products.php

I would like to be able to have both a DVI and a VGA input. It seems that the 1400, 1600, and 1920 boards might work, with the 1400 most likely being the economical choice.

If anyone out there on the internets has experience with this sort of thing and can tell me if any of these would work, I would greatly appreciate it. Also if someone knows where I can get a datasheet for this screen, or another place that I can find a compatable controller, that would be helpful as well (and yes, I looked at EarthLCD.com, didnt seem to find what I need)

Thank you in advance for any help
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 09:54:57 AM »

Driving the screen isn't the problem with tha all-in-one tablets, it's driving the wacom side of it.  It's probably based on one of the standard wacom boards, so it's feasable that one could find the pin-outs and wire it to work.  No one has attewmpted it yet.

Definitely worth more research, I wonder if wacom might supply some answers if asked nicely?

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
superart
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 05:18:29 AM »

It's possible to get a pinout from either toshiba or wacom, maybe.

Butwould the LCD controller work?
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 07:28:31 PM »

Yes. You would need to contact the seller, some controllers need reprogramming for particular panels.  After that vit's just down to what inputs and control you want.

It might be that the wacom stuff is all built into the board. That's the stuff you need to go hunting for.  If it is all built on then it ought to be relatively easy to turn it into something readable.

It's not my area I'm afraid.

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
superart
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 03:45:40 AM »

cool, thanks for the info, I'll have to get in contact with the controller company.  I hope they are not too expensive.  If they turn out to be out of my price range, any tips on finding cheaper controllers?

Also, if anyone can point me towards someplace that has datasheets either on the panel I have listed above, or preferably, on the Toshiba 3505, that would be very helpful.  Something  that would be the equivalent of a service manual would be ideal.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: