Bongofish
November 13, 2019, 02:41:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: japasul's Build - SUCCESS right out of the box  (Read 6790 times)
japasul
New Poster

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2008, 05:46:38 PM »

Hello all!

You probably don't know me, since this is my first post, but I have been lurking the forum for the last couple of months, taking in as much information as I could.

Well, after deciding on building a Sim-tiq, I got myself a 1212-R tablet. It had an ADB connector, but I managed to make a serial pc cable thanks to the diagrams lying around on the forum (thanks Tanassi!).

So, finally, my semester at the university had ended and I coul spend my attention elsewhere, and four days ago I bouht the only 15" full screen monitor I could find in my town!  All models are widescreen now! But I got the LG L1553S, which had a nice enouh image and, although being only 1024x768 (I guess you can't do much more on a 15"), it showed promise having an external power source.

From then on it was practically good news only!

I had no jitter on some preliminary tests by runnin the tablet near the monitor, the monitor ran on 12v, the same as the tablet, which means only one power source!

Disassembled the monitor and ran some tests with the LCD controller on top of the tablet due to cable length. All worked fine but the regions near the LCD controller. Fair enough. So started thinkin about the component layout and about the enclosure for all this, and realised the controller board of the LCD could fit in the pocket in the tablet case, opposite to where the tablet controller is! GOOD!

I just needed to make one extension, which was to one of the lamps of the backlight, and about 3 inches only.

So, stacked everythin together, fter the extension job, and voilá:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeuZNaWgYxQ

Attached here are some pics of the assembled product!

4 days job, no jitter at all.

The mapping was tricky, but now its okay. The only problem I having is some weird behavior near the lamps, but I have no dead spots whatsoever.

I want to thank everyone on the forum for all their info! This forum has been a huge help!

I will post some other pics of the inside layout once i get them organized!

Cheers,
André

Dman
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 06:04:28 PM »

wow.. good job! Smiley

I want to make one too.. but I don't know what I need to buy.. I already have 17" LCD monitor (LG).. now what?
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 09:31:26 PM »

WOOSH!!!

Who was that masked man?

Nicely done.  There's some neat touches there, looking forward to see the insides!

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
japasul
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 04:32:19 AM »

Hey Drew!

I just started a pictorial, where I plan to put pics of the assembly...
Please move it if it is in the wrong place!

http://forum.bongofish.co.uk/index.php?topic=1417.msg9051#msg9051

I hope I can write the whole thin before I leave for my vacation...

Cheers
André

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: