Bongofish
December 09, 2019, 05:59:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LT565 mag monitor backlight help  (Read 4060 times)
dave_ua
New Poster

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2009, 03:55:05 AM »

HIya! Me again, decided to give this thing another go =)
Ok, i have a wacom gd 9x12 tablet
and just got a mag LT565 monitor for like 30$.
Well, the reason it was so cheap i found out once i got home. SO i get home i plug it in and stuff and like 3 mins later it starts smelling like crap. So i take it apart (naturally) and find out that one of the power connectionsrning, but you  to backlights IS BURNING!! well, not really but one of the four backlight connections is fried. Here are some pics

so red circle is where another connection is supposed to be. The white one underneath is identical to what is supposed to be up top. ALso, i broke the blue "breaker?" right next to it
Well the problem is that whenever i turn on the monitor, the backlights shut off like after 4 seconds, and I think it might be because where the connection was supposed to be there were sparks and sizzles and stuff. SO yeah.
Each one of those white "rectangle" connections (there are four, 2 on the other side) controls each each of the bulbs on the backlight. I dont really care if one of them doesnt work, but yeah.
SO how would I fix the issue?
by fix i mean either to terminate that broken forth connection or maybe idk, solder the backilight straight into that board?

Im really  $#at! angry right now cause 1) that guy screwed me over and 2) the monitor works fine without jitter with my tablet and i want it!

Well yeah, any suggestions are appreciated.

I think what happens is that when i turn it on, the board short circuits and shuts off, but i dont really know

Help please?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 03:58:13 AM by dave_ua » Logged
japasul
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 08:54:54 PM »

Hey!

Bad news on thet monitor, huh...

First of all, I dont think terminating that lamp is really an option - I could be wrong, but usually inverter circuits have a safety system that shuts off the entire circuitry if the connection to one of the lamps is broken, to avoid exactly what happened there by your connector.

If I had to guess, I'd say the connector wasn't really plugged in good. This means the contact surface was reduced and the same current passed through way less material, heating it up above tolerable levels.

I think you have two options:

1. Buying a replacement circuit board

2. Rebuilding the damaged portion, which could be tricky. That portion can see up to 2kV!!!

Keep us posted!

Cheers
André
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 10:58:50 PM »

Yeah, most interver boards have a built-in cutout in case a lamp blows or something similar.
I wouldn't recommend rebuilding that bit unless you're experienced at that sort of thing.   Interters can be had on ebay though so it's not a whole new monitor.

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
japasul
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 06:44:45 AM »

yep...

also, what causes the most jitter is usually the CCFL, so it is not certainthere wont be jitter once you et the lights working...
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 02:06:06 PM »

I would say "probably causes most jitter".  It's probably right but we've yet to see any hard data that proves it.

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: