Bongofish
December 06, 2019, 04:16:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lil question guys ....  (Read 2283 times)
da23ad
« on: May 05, 2009, 09:39:09 PM »

Alright , I was wondering something about the DYI cintiq ......

With a real cintiq or with a penabled tablet PC with the cursor located at the center of the screen (for instance)  , when you put your pen at right top corner and press the screen , the cursor appear at the right top corner (directly from the center position).

I would like to know if that works with a DIY one too Huh or would the cursor remain at its last position unless you press the pen on the screen and move ...

iRoc
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 05:06:07 AM »

If you use a wacom tablet it would move directly to the new location. That is if the cursor where in the center of the screen and then you brought the pen down from above where the tablet under the screen could sense the pen and touched the screen it would jump to the new location just as it would with the wacom tablet alone.  Adding a screen in front of the tablet is not going to change the way the tablet behaves.  It's not like you will need some new fangled drivers or program to runt he tablet under the screen. All you are doing is adding a screen on top of the tablet that is thinner than the maximume distance the tablet can effectively sense the pen.

Hope that answers you question.
da23ad
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 06:46:04 PM »

If you use a wacom tablet it would move directly to the new location. That is if the cursor where in the center of the screen and then you brought the pen down from above where the tablet under the screen could sense the pen and touched the screen it would jump to the new location just as it would with the wacom tablet alone.  Adding a screen in front of the tablet is not going to change the way the tablet behaves.  It's not like you will need some new fangled drivers or program to runt he tablet under the screen. All you are doing is adding a screen on top of the tablet that is thinner than the maximume distance the tablet can effectively sense the pen.

Hope that answers you question.

Oh ok , I've just figured out that without the drivers installed , the cursor wont move directly to the new location ... my bad lol  Tongue
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 09:25:57 PM »

If you wanted to mess with it you coudl put the pen into mouse mode.

Don't think it would work very well though.   Roll Eyes

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: