Bongofish
August 23, 2019, 04:38:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Insane Patents  (Read 2615 times)
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« on: July 21, 2009, 05:11:48 AM »

I was reading through the patents to look for Wacom stuff (btw, their 6D stuff is pretty cool -- they read position, tilt and rotation all using the same oscillator circuit (low cost & efficient), almost in one shot -- they have like looks like a double coil in the tip of the pen -- I only understand like 1% of it, but still cool nonetheless).

Anyway, I saw this other patent from IBM I think (IBM are patent gods -- they make tons of money just with patent fights) (lost the link, sorry) talking about the following invention:

Putting the LCD driver boards "behind" the digitizer sensor board. 

(i.e. the boards that have all the ffcs around the lcd panel, you stick in the sensor board in between and the lcd boards behind by folding the FFC cables around the sensor.  OK the patent full text is longer than this, but it was really the main portion. This was for a Tablet PC I think.)

OMG, these guys are soooo clever... What genius kid could have just though of something like that?  Grin
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 10:45:17 PM »

Just in case any IBM lawyers are reading, it wasn't me, it was -errmmm- 

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: