Bongofish
December 09, 2019, 02:01:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dell 1503fp Monitor issues?  (Read 3359 times)
Starball
New Poster

View Profile
« on: October 11, 2009, 02:18:43 AM »

Good day all,

I have started work on my Cintiq and have ran into issues already early on in my build. I disassembled the monitor down to find out it's a Hannstar model and not a Samsung and so I unplugged the ffc cable (but in the process broke the black tap that holds the ffc cable firmly to the connector (sorry for lack of quality in the picture). Not to worry as the extended ffc cable fits firmly in place and need be I can glue something on top of to hold it firmly in place. So I plugged everything back into its place and turned it on... It lights up but no image appears on the screen (not even the test screen one when the vga is not plugged in). Is this because the ground? connections on the different boards and the 2 on the wire(s) that go to the buttons are not grounded (connected somewhere) or is it an ffc connection issue?

-Ben
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 03:59:19 PM »

Could well be grounding, I'm sure I've seen that same issue before.

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
Starball
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 05:13:44 PM »

Thanks for the speedy reply, I shall ground everything like it was before I removed the metal backing around the lcd and let you know what happened.

-Ben
Starball
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 07:22:45 PM »

I grounded all the points that I thought should be grounded but still no luck. The back light lights up the lcd but there's nothing on the lcd so I'm assuming the issue is the ffc cable connection. I disconnected it so that I could add the extension to it but when that didn't work, I thought it might have been in the connection so I connected the cable back to the connector on the board... It sits loosely in the connector and I'm thinking that may be the problem but am not sure... I should have tested the monitor before I disconnected it the first time and managed to break off the little black piece that holds the cable in place to see that it still worked before proceeding...

-Ben
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 07:52:02 PM »

Try sanding down a small piece of plastic into a wedge shape and use that to wedge the cable.

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: