test1
July 28, 2017, 05:46:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this a good deal?  (Read 4081 times)
Eightynine
« on: November 05, 2009, 04:46:02 PM »

I want to build a Cintiq and I came across an offer for a brand new $25.00 tablet, the only problem is that it is not a wacom
Patterick

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 05:07:56 PM »

Probably not, but not necessarily. I've tried a construct using the 12000U from Aiptek with highly unsatisfying reslults. If you have no Experience at all you might try to get together the exact parts another build has and then follow it one by one.

Also you should write what it is that you youl can by for 25$.
Eightynine
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 05:09:30 PM »

Its an Adesso Cyber Tablet 1200 for 25.00 brand new
cellofaan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 08:25:20 PM »

I have a Medion, which looks exactly like that Adesso, and the Medion is a rebranded Aiptek.
I actually run it on Aiptek drivers.
It does the job just fine, but has huge issues with interference.
When the usb cable gets close to the power cable of my laptop, it suddenly thinks it's in mouse mode.
Wouldn't advise it for building a tiq, but as a tablet, I think it's good value for money.

* I just downloaded drivers from Adesso, and they're exactly the same as Aiptek's, just an older version, 3.09
It actually works better now, as the newest driver, 3.15, doesn't have tabs for function keys or mapping, and in 3.10 I couldn't get the function keys working.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 08:38:23 PM by cellofaan » Logged
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 12:37:19 AM »

The medion/aiptek/adesso are the same tablet, they have shown significant interference / jitter issues in the past.  Wacom has all the best patents sewn up.  It´s worth finding an older wacom rather than a newer aiptek if possible.   The oldest wacoms aren´t supported under Vista though.

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 09:03:57 AM »

More specifically, the serial-based (non-USB) will be more difficult to use in the future. (They already do not work in 64 bit Windows and in 32 bit Vista you need to hack your way, not always working for everyone).
cellofaan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 09:28:30 PM »

Let's cross our fingers for accidental compatibility in windows 7.
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2009, 08:50:56 AM »

Chances are it is possible to make it work under Win7 *32 bit* (not 64 bits) -- with the known hacks. But I did not heard about anybody trying it.
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 10:07:52 AM »

Ooo. I hadn't thought of that.  I know someone coding for win 7, I'll speak to him about it.

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: