Bongofish
June 24, 2018, 02:18:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: hey everyone  (Read 2981 times)
jeremyx
New Poster

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2007, 03:45:45 PM »

hello everyone im new and just read about this and im going to make a cintiq after researching and stuff i have some questsions im not familiar with lcd screens using external/or ps's period im aiming for a 17 inch monitor because its only a few more dollars cheaper can someone please point me in the right direction THANK YOU
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 05:07:40 PM »

Hi Jeremyx and welcome.

Are you thinking of a 17" monitor mounted on a 18x12 wacom?

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
jeremyx
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 03:05:22 AM »

yeah something like does it have to be so the lcd screen and tablet active space mach like 15" is around 11x8 so you would need a 11x8 tablet? or more/less etc does every lcd have a built in power supply thats narly that it runs on low voltage im a first year apprenticeship in electrical i probably wouldnt have a problem if all lcd monitors had an internal powersupply i know nothing about them
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 07:51:11 PM »

It's probably better if the tablet is the same size or bigger than the screen.  If you have screen you can't use the pen you you'd have to keep dicing to a mouse to click a menu in the middle of doing something else,   annoying.

A 4:3 ratio 15" screen is 12"x9". so a 12X9 or a 12X12 wacom fits nicely.  (Pythagoras, 4:3:= 5 diagonal)
Widescreen - errm haven't worked it out, someone posted a list but I can't remember which thread it's on.
for a 17" screen you'd be better off looking for a tablet that's bigger.

Internal power supplies seem interfere with the tablet, so it's best to avoid them if you can.
If you monitor runs on 12v you could possibly run the tablet and monitor from the same supply.

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: