Bongofish
December 12, 2017, 09:16:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: US-based site for your FFCs/LCD cable needs  (Read 3439 times)
m33ch
New Poster

View Profile WWW
« on: January 27, 2010, 07:19:10 PM »

Hi, fellow bongofishers. For those of you out there still doing this and finding it hard for certain parts, i.e. FFC extensions and such, or if you're in the US and cheaper shipping works for you, try this site if you haven't heard of it.

http://www.quadrangleproducts.com/

You have to request a quote for the parts but it's pretty reasonable. I had a hard time finding 20-pin .5mm pitch FFCs + PCB on diy-beamer, but this site has them all and more. I finally get to start my build as soon as I can do some testing!
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 02:42:25 PM »

Good find Smiley

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
choto
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 07:36:30 PM »

m33ch,
Were you able to get the PCB from quadrangle as well? I too am looking for a 20pin .5pitch extension kit, but I can't see any pcb's on their site
Thanks
m33ch
New Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 04:31:19 PM »

I see you found it already, but yea, the PCB is called the Dual ZIF connector on their site. Works the same way obviously, but much more fragile than DIY-Beamer's version, it seems. Just remember when looking, scroll down. They don't come in sets. As I mentioned in your post, choto, they do a request for quote kind of sale. All parts must be found manually and requested for.
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 06:26:56 PM »

Thanks for telling us about the name -- I've been searching for it many times without finding anything!!

The exact line is (found with a search):

QD7018-20C    Dual ZIF Adapter Board 0.5MM, 20 Conductors

When somebody has a price, it would be nice to tell us.  

EDIT: OK, m33ch you answered about the price of your FFC cable and this board "combo" in the other thread: http://forum.bongofish.co.uk/index.php?topic=1570.msg10828#msg10828 :
Quote from: m33ch
My FFC/PCB cost roughly $16-17 before shipping
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 06:35:31 PM by bernard » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: