test1
April 24, 2017, 02:24:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's up for a WIKI?  (Read 6536 times)
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2010, 11:52:44 AM »

For the user list, yeah, doku wiki can do a lot of things. I just glanced through the list of available plugins.  Grin

Issue:
I tried doing something in the wiki: there seems to be an issue: if I create a page it works perfectly fine. But when I try to modify one, it gets "saved" (as you can see if you edit the page again) -- but the changes do not seem to appear -- you still see the "previous" version. The documentation clearly states that the changes should appear instantly after hitting save.  I am thinking either some sort of "confirmation configuration" or some sort of "caching" happening (wild guess).  For example, in the playground, I added a new sentence paragraph but it is not appearing.
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2010, 05:20:02 PM »

It's wierder than that.  I logged on as a user,  had a look in the playground,  went to edit the page and your sentence appeared.   So I added a sentence and it didn't show up.

I'll ask on the forums.

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2010, 06:03:55 PM »

yes -- editing the page shows the most recent page ---  but accessing the page normally does not show it.

Maybe a "caching" problem from the web host ? (Apache config).  Is this system installed by you or is it a bit supported by the hosting company?
Drewid
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2010, 08:19:32 PM »

Hosting company, (servage).  I'll see what I can get to,  their customer service is pretty good as well.

The formatting seems to go missing occasionally as well.

Drewid
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2010, 02:49:50 PM »

WEEELL I'm not getting anywhere useful with this. The Cache thing still doesn't work having tried a number of possible fixes suggested by the DW forums.  
I've asked on the forums at work as well, an office full of programmers, someone must be able to fix it.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 03:06:04 PM by Drewid » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: