Bongofish
December 12, 2017, 09:22:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stripping some Screens  (Read 2631 times)
marmor69
New Poster

Gone bongofishin'

View Profile WWW
« on: February 19, 2010, 05:19:46 PM »

Hey there!

Well, I'm new to this forum and on my way to build some either fantastiq or chaotiq projects. Wink

To start off (and not spam the Build Logs with something in its early beginnings^^) here are some pictures of three screens I stripped so far.
The first one is a Medion MD9383 (15'' 1024x768 px), which I'm planning to use in my build. The Panel Type is: LG Philips LM151X2
Some pictures (however there are no pictures of it before the stripping^^)

1 of 2 CCFLs:

I stripped the next one to its bones^^ this was only for testing/learning Wink
Its a Samsung LTN154X1-L02. I don't know if it works, the notebook was "dead on arrival"

The tiny CCFL:

The inverter Board:

Don't try this at home Cheesy

Maaaany layers, very interesting...

...especially the diffuser glass! lots of dots^^

The last one is from a Medion Notebook, panel type: Samsung LTN150XG-L05
This is also 4:3 15'' so I thought about using this one, but I think I don't want to bother with controllerboards from China^^

The inverter board:

If anyone is interested in a notebook screen/parts of it, let me know, however I didn't test any of my Notebook displays because I only take apart dead notebooks^^

best regards from Germany,
Markus
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 05:29:54 PM by marmor69 » Logged
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 10:25:15 PM »

For the record:

Phillips LM151X2 is indeed a XGA  (1024x768)

Samsung LTN154X1-L02 seems to be a ... widescreen? (WXGA 1280x800). Was it a 4:3 or not?  (Is it destroyed now?)

Samsung LTN150XG-L05 is XGA (1024x768)
marmor69
New Poster

Gone bongofishin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 11:52:40 PM »

The first Samsung is widescreen. I don't know if it is destroyed really, I couldn't test it before, I can't do it now, and I touched some parts of it not very gently xD only for science purposes of course Cheesy
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 04:01:40 AM »

Dead notebooks are typically dead for a "single" reason --  and if it does not "boot" it is not because the screen is broken (most of the time) -- but because some other stuff is busted (motherboard).  So I would bet these LCDs all work perfectly fine (well, I meant before it became your guinea pig). Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: