Bongofish
November 20, 2017, 10:11:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A-TIC 15LX .... Very easy and cheap successfull build !!!  (Read 13406 times)
da23ad
New Poster

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2010, 11:21:58 PM »

Alright people …

Yesterday night , I decided to get back to my DIY cintiq that has been pending for MONTHS !!!!

I actually really wanted to give up cause of the problems I met ….

For the sake of understanding I’m gonna try and be as specific as I can …
I’ve just finished the build and it really took me only a couple of hours …

The components that I used are still mentioned here

http://forum.bongofish.co.uk/index.php?topic=1467.0

-   a laptop LCD screen panel LG PHILIPS  LP150X08 (A3)
-   a Wacom Intous 2 ( 9x12 ) tablet
-   a controller board kit bought on ebay  ( http://stores.shop.ebay.fr/Professional-inverter_lcd-TV-kit-under-22-inch_W0QQ_fsubZ218668012QQ_sidZ734916642QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322 )

-   some dutch tape

-   the back plastic boxe of a 22” screen that died last week

-   a polystyrene  panel that I cut and used as a front panel

I haven’t taken any pictures while I was making it because I was doing other things at the same time and really didn’t think I was gonna finish THAT quick …
But I’m gonna draw what I did ….

My point was and still is that it is probably easier to use a LAPTOP screen panel instead of a desktop screen panel ...
Anyway ....  Wink

1- Main Components :

2- Putting together the screen and sensor board :

3- Adding the Controller Kit :

The way it was when I first started , in may 2009 :

And now ....

Grin  Cool  Grin
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 07:18:40 AM by da23ad » Logged
cellofaan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 09:55:17 AM »

It has that true DIY look  Cheesy
Clever, using the back cover of a larger screen. Do you have some pictures of the back too?

What did you use to protect your screen?
da23ad
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 05:57:00 PM »

I would have liked to use some plexiglass for the front but I dont know where to find some and find someone to cut it the way I want it , so the dutch tape will to the trick and it's acutally comfortable .... Oh and I didnt put anything on the screen ... I dont think I need anything on it ...
cellofaan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 06:04:41 PM »

I noticed some small scratches on one of my screens after drawing on it a lot. Not visible when it's turned on, and hardly noticable when turned off, but they're there and if you try your best you can see where I wrote my name and stuff.

You might want to consider an overhead sheet or something. Those are easily found at office supply stores, and you can tape them on the screen.
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 10:38:09 PM »

Awesome!  no jitter? really? Smiley   

- Watch out that duct tape is a bit conductive electrically -- don't put that on bare wires.  I assume you didn't since you mostly used it for the casing.
- do you experience heat?

da23ad
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 07:16:36 AM »

I had a lot of jitter at the beginning , then it dicreased after connecting the wire on both grounds and it totally disappeared when I set the resolution of the screen to 1360 x 1024.  Cool
da23ad
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 05:15:58 AM »

Oh and yes there's heat ... like in any other screen
senorvalenz
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 05:18:28 AM »

Thanks for the detail + diagrams.  How is this thing holding up?  I'm thinking about making a similar one.
amyirene42
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 09:48:39 AM »

This is an awesome! very innovative! I have all the components, just need to do it! Smiley

Oh yeah, one time I needed a small amount of plexiglass & asked Meininger's art store & they ended up giving it to me for free. Just an idea if you still are searching!
Asena
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 01:41:10 PM »

I had a lot of jitter at the beginning , then it dicreased after connecting the wire on both grounds and it totally disappeared when I set the resolution of the screen to 1360 x 1024.  Cool

What does connecting the grounds do/is it really necessary to get rid of jitter? I want to follow this build! Smiley
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 04:28:59 PM »

Ground:  In general ground helps funneling out the energy absorbed by the shield.  But controlling EMI/RF is always an exotic activity (in ANY electronic project) and there is never a clear answer as to the actual "real" effect for a particular case. Lots of things can make a difference, the shape of the case, surrounding equipment and even your AC power installation!  Smiley

Wait till you have jitter if you want to spare yourself the trouble. Just don't glue everything closed so you can open and fix later.  Tongue
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: