Bongofish
November 22, 2019, 05:32:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: wacom 12x9 and L15CX ?  (Read 1986 times)
WooT
New Poster

View Profile
« on: April 28, 2010, 01:59:05 PM »

Hello !

Writing from France, I discovered this forum thanks to a link on hack-a-day, and my heart just went oooo-my-god !
I am dreaming of a cintiq tablet since long, but never could justify the price to pay for it.

I have a 12x9 usb intuos3 wacom since a few years and am very happy with it.
I have found an offer for a used packard bell L15CX display for 40 €, but before taking the jump, I wanted to ask your opinion about the compatibility between those two.

It seems the L15CX has external power, and some of you said its easy to tear off, so it seems to be a good start.

Do you think I will need some FFC cables ? If yes, what type and where to get it ?

Should I expect jitter with this combination ?

For the enclosure I do not worry too much, I have access to good tools and am a former joiner.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 03:13:59 PM by WooT » Logged
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 05:21:29 AM »

FFC cable: I would say you have 50% chances to need some. You will only know once you look inside. Unless you can find the model of the LCD Panel component inside. Some sites like tftcentral keeps a list (there are others that I cannot remember, we should keep a list somewhere).

Jitter is luck. The only garantee you can have to avoid jitter is to use known LCDs+wacom combinations.  Someone recently claimed that a certain class of LCDs should not generate jitter, but I am skeptical. The data we have on this is very low.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: