Bongofish
December 07, 2019, 05:11:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: jitter vs resolution.  (Read 16877 times)
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2009, 09:16:50 PM »

I take it you don't lose brightness by pulsing?

Losing heat can only be a good thing.

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2009, 04:28:11 PM »

I assume it must be a balance, there must be some limit as to how much this can be done without loosing brightness. I have read that you can boost a little more current to "compensate" a little. I think the principle is the eye's "pov" (persistence of vision).

I'll try to find more info on this.   here's the first page I have seen: http://electronicdesign.com/Articles/ArticleID/2371/2371.html

Trollolle
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2009, 11:33:03 PM »

i googled the definition of resolution in photoshop, and how to understand it, but still...im sorta dumb

just like to know what you users at tech-gfx put your resolution at when making sigs and such, as well as what resolution in lay-man terms is.
Íå ïîñòóïàé â ìîíàõè, åñëè íå íàäååøüñÿ âûïîëíèòü îáÿçàííîñòè ñâîè
äîáðîñîâåñòíî.
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2009, 10:26:57 AM »

Resolution is just the number of pixels in an image.
For a sig I'd probably use somewhere between 500 and 700 wide and 100 - 200 high.

If it's an image to print then you need to work out how big you final image will be printed, then you need to find out the quality of the printer.

Most high quality professional stuff is printed at 300 dpi (dots per inch).  300dpi = 300 pixels for every 250mm (roughly). 
So if your image will be 12 inches (about 30cm) wide, thats 300 pixels x 12 inches = 3600 pixels wide.

Medium quality (often used for cheap magazines) is usually 150 dpi,  so that would be 150 pixels x 12 inches = 1800 pixels wide. 

Draft quality, (used for tests and working stuff out), is usually 72 dpi, so your 12 inch wide image would be  900 pixels wide.

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2009, 04:53:48 AM »

spambot are sorta dumb alright. lol Grin
solseven
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2010, 12:35:28 PM »

I've read in my read in the datasheet of my panel that the ccft lamps can produce an interference.  they operate with 30 - 70 khz.
maybe this has something to do with the jitter?
DonShole

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2010, 06:17:02 PM »

To solve some jitter problems, it's worth looking in your tablet manual for "interference"

EZ CINTIQ. How to build a DIY Cintiq, it's  easier than a DIY PC! www.tabletmod.com
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2010, 04:56:15 AM »

...when you can get such manual (used parts usually don't have manuals) --- What does it say anyway?  Do you think the manuals are available online?

tuszi
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2010, 09:10:06 AM »

I was able to download a manual for my intuos2 a3. I think wacom's site have them.

I used to think im wierd, then i met someone from Earth.
sky
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2010, 08:59:06 PM »

Hi to all, I'm new and very happy to be here Cheesy. First of all let me thank and congratz you all for you are accomplishing in here. Special mention goes to Drewid.

I'm in the research phase before i attempt the transmutation of my intuos2 a4. Today I took apart an old 17" i had around just to give it a try... surprise, surprise, I got a bad jittering issue. Sadly it was the lcd (still jittering on the whole tablet even without backlight). But... I had to get a 15" anyway to get this working so no big deal...

I think this comment is worth a bit of digging
I did come upon some interesting reading on the Wacom/Unix project. Apparently these folks have run into tablet jitter when plugging wacoms into their unix boxes. However, one guy wrote a jitter removal program that managed to eliminate the problem. Also, if you read on the Wacom site they discuss how their hardware makes corrections for interference from other local sources of emf.

After searching the xserver/linuxwacom doc about this it looks like they are implementing the "filtering" with a cutoff:
http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/index.php/howto/inputdev
a small quote of the interesting part
Option "Suppress" "number" sets the position increment under which not to transmit coordinates. This entry must be specified only in the first Wacom subsection if you have multiple devices for one tablet. The default value is 2. If you don't specify this entry or your value is less than the default vaule or  greater than 100, the default value will be used. To  disable suppression, the entry should be specified as 0. When suppress is defined, an event will be sent only when at least one of the following conditions is met: 
the change between the current X coordinate and the previous one is greater than suppress; 
the change between the current Y coordinate and the previous one is greater than suppress; 
the change between the current pressure and the previous one is greater than suppress; 
the change between the current degree of rotation and the previous one of the transducer is greater than suppress;  ...
It looks like a nice idea to fix small gittering problems. Pheraphs some kind of signal cleaning (no idea if that is the right term in eng but i guess you know what i mean) would be better, even if much harder, if not impossible, to implement. I will probably try to make some kind of software if my fake-tiq will still give me jittering problem after shielding & co,

ciao  Smiley,
Francesco.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: