Bongofish
December 12, 2019, 09:31:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Some help with a cpl of LCD's please  (Read 2348 times)
Aidope
New Poster

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2011, 10:45:18 PM »

Hi, i am going to start my build very shortly. I have 2 screens but one is kinda faulty. I have added a video to this post to see if any of you guys can help with sorting that issue. The first screen is from a Prestigio 3190 SW 19" LCD. There is a as I mentioned a problem with this screen, it flickers uncontrolably. I just thought i'd post it up here and see if any of you genius' could give me some ideas on fixing it. I would love to go ahead and use this screen for my build because when its working its an awesome screen!

Here is the video with the problem, this occurs with all resolutions and refresh rates;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pisLIr0MCvg

Secondly I have a fully functional Acer Aspre 3620 screen ( CHI MEI N141L1 -L03 ). This is another good screen, the viewing angle is great aswell. I am just wondering which and where to get the correct controller for it.

Another question is about supplying power to the LCD, does it take its power from the LCD controller?!? As you guys can probably guess, i'm very new to this but am a fast learner. Attached below is a picture of the casing i will use for this build. Its an animation desk that i rarely use because i like working digitally now. Could be a good build, any further thoughts???

* Animation_desktop.jpg (361.6 KB. 1600x1200 - viewed 296 times.)

Thanks in advance for all comments,

Aidope.

N.B. I really need tome help choosing a LCD controller and a digitizer. Thanks again!

« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 12:34:45 AM by Aidope » Logged
Pesho

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 12:17:11 AM »

Sorry i can't help with the first screen's issue, but for the second screen did you mean a Chi Mei N141L1-L03? If yes, then this controller should work with it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Compatible-R-RM5251-LCD-Controller-Board-Kit-DVI-/280769583977?pt=COMP_EN_Networking_Components&hash=item415f2bdb69

If you decide to order one, you have to send the seller a note first so they can program it to work with your LCD model. These controllers are not universal and only work with a specific screen model, or screens with specifications that are identical to the model it was programmed for.

Another question is about supplying power to the LCD, does it take its power from the LCD controller?

The contoller board provides power to both the LVDS connection (video signal) and the inverter board (backlight). That's the case for the laptop LCD controller board.

But for full LCD monitors like on your video - there is a power supply block (beige board) with possibly an integrated inverter that drives backlight and another wire to power the controller board (green board). Unless of course it has an LED backlight - those don't need an inverter.

Also, i'd be careful not to touch/move the boards around while they are powered on like that, there is high voltage running through them!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 12:21:03 AM by Pesho » Logged
Aidope
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 12:25:59 AM »

Thanks for all the help there dude, ur a top guy. Yea i know not to touch those boards, i was moving it with a pen or something else non-conductable haha, gona check out that ebay link now and contact the seller.

Thaks again,

Aidope

P.s. And yes, i meant N141L1-L03, well spotted!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 12:35:20 AM by Aidope » Logged
Aidope
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 12:37:09 AM »

Sorry to be a pest, but i actually need help choosing an appropriate tablet for the N141L1-L03 screen. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Aidope
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 03:39:14 AM by Aidope » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: