Bongofish
October 15, 2018, 09:12:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sorry guys... I did it! i bought a Cintiq 21UX  (Read 5393 times)
Tanassi

View Profile WWW
« on: August 17, 2010, 12:26:29 PM »

Hi everybody,

I did it, I have bought a Wacom Cintiq 21UX old series Intuos 3 compatible, demonstration unit. ok don't consider me a betrayer.
after so many attempts, I can't find a monitor suitable with neither of my tablets (Ultrapad, Intuos 1 and 3), it's very frustrating  Undecided
the tablet is great, of course, much of my dreams came true, it's incredible to draw directly on the screen.
but, there's always a but, not perfect.
the word that terrifyes our Bongofishers is still there... JIIIITTEEER  Shocked
there's a very little amount of jitter on the upper edge of the screen but fortunately no random click.
I was awared of this, having read it on the Wacom forum, anyway it's acceptable.
another issue, it's Hot, really Hot in Summer (not Glau), particularly if you hold it almost horizontal, lacking of the chimney effect.
so, my winters will be more warm Smiley
knowing myself, I know I'll dismember this baby before the two years warranty, i'm too curious.
and i'll know how it's made inside, and you'll know too, because I'll do a photo service of the whole dismemberment.
if someone is interested i'll report some kind of field test of the most wanted tablet of the kingdom.

bye... Vince

btw: it costed ~€1450 and I payed without VAT tax ~€1200, not cheap I know but that's it.

cellofaan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 03:48:04 PM »

You did not!

I've always had high hopes for your project. Too bad it just wouldn't work.
Anyway, congratulations with your cintiq!
I'm already looking forward to the disassembly.

Please do share your experiences with it. It's good to hear the real thing also has some jitter and heat problems, and that it is awesome none the less.
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 09:26:33 AM »

Not a betrayer of course but a bongofish star: You were the one getting the first wacom pinout diagram on the forum!  Wink

One day our quest will lead use to find THE magical solution to the jitterbugs and we will then start fixing Cintiqs. In the meantime, enjoy your life with your 21UX - yay!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: