Bongofish
December 07, 2019, 05:10:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's "tablet/pen report rate" thingy?  (Read 7100 times)
valoruzan
New Poster

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2010, 01:49:45 AM »

I literally spent an hour on my Intuos3 A3 wide driver, but could not find anything where I can lower this.
Searching the forum mainly lists threads where it has been mentioned, but how do i find this setting?  Huh
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 05:04:00 AM »

Not sure what feature you are referring to exactly and why you would want to "lower" it?  Can you point me where you heard about this?  Wasn't this for the UltraPads only?
cellofaan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 07:33:37 AM »

I've seen it before, and did know how to lower it, but I haven't installed the drivers on my laptop now. I'll have a look later. What I do remember is that you don't actually change the number, but it has a certain name. (there are two options for the report rate).

Fuzzy description I know
valoruzan
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 11:02:48 AM »

I did some read-up before starting my build, and in a few build threads, think it was Exotiq, it was mentioned, and from the build log it looked like something to do with Intuos3, not just UltraPads.

I've managed to eliminate most jitter on some lower resolutions but there are still some random clicks on one corner.
The native 1680x1050 just cuts out the pen, period.
I was hoping that this Report Rate parameter might help me with either of my issues (i can live with using a lower resolution)
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 02:16:14 PM »

The refresh rate of the monitor maybe (60hz, 70hz, etc)?  Are you using Windows? 
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 03:23:33 PM »

If using Windows:

Try using the following tool to play with the frequencies a bit.
http://entechtaiwan.com/util/ps.shtm

This tool is shareware but I think you can use it for a limited time -- I suspect it merely plays with some deep windows settings. On the internet some people found how to control this area of Windows -- using powerstrip and other tools & techniques.
valoruzan
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 04:30:27 PM »

The refresh rate of the monitor maybe (60hz, 70hz, etc)?  Are you using Windows? 

That's a separate story there...the report rate was mentioned in conjunction with the pen and tablet sensitivity. Somehow i'm now perceiving it as light in the tunnel.

Regarding the refresh rate: i'm using a Radeon 4890 in windows 7, and tried to play with the settings. Unfortunately the LG W2286L had only 60Hz refresh on native 1680x1050 and I was not able to override it with RivaTuner. But I'll try the PowerStrip you mentioned. Thanks a lot Bernard!
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 04:40:24 PM »

Maybe you are talking about the UDConfig DOS utility?  (but that is only for UltraPads AFAIK)
cellofaan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 02:14:41 PM »

No it's definitely an option in the wacom drivers.
It's one of the pen options, not the wacom board options.

Try shift clicking on Options or About. Or maybe Alt+click

Edit: I think it's the option for 'pen mode' and 'annotation mode'
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 02:16:54 PM by cellofaan » Logged
valoruzan
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2010, 08:31:56 AM »

Thanks, I'll try the Shift (or Alt) key magic as soon as i put the thing back together. Had to disassemble everything to square-one so i can model it in 3D  Roll Eyes
Dragon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 01:14:15 AM »

You can change the report rate (aka data rate) by double clicking the picture of the tablet in the "Wacom Tablet Properties" utility.  Choosing a lower data rate majorly helped jitter on my build.  See this post for details.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: