test1
October 17, 2017, 06:03:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
  Print  
Author Topic: Some technical information on ADB tablets.  (Read 54315 times)
Wilcorp70

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 05, 2011, 06:40:47 AM »

Honestly, most of the hackaday projects nowadays are much smaller than what you have done here already.  They actually like things that look hacked up, held together with alligator clips, because they've all been there with their projects.  A significant number of their projects are works in progress, have accomplished far less, and are still on a breadboard.  They allow for followup posts which keep people apprised of advances as they go along which means people can join in the development at a level they are comfortable with. 
I understand the worry of an influx of new people though.  I would say, if you're setup "works" (even with a few kinks) just as it is, and you can find a place to host the code, then it is probably ready to post.  I can make sure to make it sound like it is still in early development so we don't get a lot of people hounding you for a finished product.  I think a lot of people assume its more like Gizmodo instead of the hackers blog full of paperclips and tape that it is.

~Will
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 12, 2011, 11:08:01 PM »

Ok, here's some news:  Trashie was able to connect a TabletPC/penenabled sensor using the USB port. It works with the TabletPC drivers (at least on windows, dunno if there is support on the Mac, but we know Linux has the drivers).

http://forum.bongofish.co.uk/index.php?topic=1870.msg13699#msg13699
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 29, 2011, 06:52:00 AM »

Progress:  I advanced on the Intuos2 USB 12x18 "emulation". I can now emulate the "pen" tool of the intuos2 (pressure, eraser, side buttons, tilt) from any supported slave tablet.

bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 20, 2011, 08:11:27 AM »

Progress update:  I can now interface a UD-xxxx-R serial board -- at least for some basic functionality. The intuos2 emulation support has improved a little.

I also wrote a couple of internal wiring guides for a couple of tablets (see useful knowledge). The most recent one being a UD-1212-R controller board.
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 23, 2011, 05:55:19 PM »

Project is here: https://github.com/popbee/waxbee   There is a lot more support for stuff.  

At the time of this original post, the waxbee project was here http://code.google.com/p/waxbee/  (now archived)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 07:19:11 PM by bernard » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
  Print  

Jump to: