Bongofish
December 09, 2019, 06:37:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: Starting a portable 6x8 Intuos 3 build (information gathering stage)  (Read 27889 times)
jpanichella

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2011, 04:05:42 PM »

Just sent them an email, will update the thread when I get a reply. Thanks for the suggestion!
jpanichella

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2011, 02:02:23 AM »

Still waiting for a reply. I'll see if I can contact them through ebay.
jpanichella

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2011, 01:12:42 PM »

Heard from them this morning.

"Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for getting back. But I'm quite sorry that we can't provide any longer LVDS cable. I wish we could help, but we can't.

Regards,

Christina

- njytouch"

I'm getting kind of frustrated with this silly little problem. Anybody want to buy a wacom project from me?  Undecided
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2011, 02:06:57 PM »

Common!  don't let 10 little wires turn you down!  -- If I had the cable in my hands, I would extend each wire individually (yes, it's a soldering job).   You want me to do it?   How much longer do you want this cable to be?
jpanichella

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2011, 03:05:41 PM »

Common!  don't let 10 little wires turn you down!  -- If I had the cable in my hands, I would extend each wire individually (yes, it's a soldering job).   You want me to do it?   How much longer do you want this cable to be?

Just 6" is all I really need. I guess I could use the cable I bought from frontx for the extension. Would you seriously be interested in helping me extend the wires? Usually I have too much pride and I'd try to do it myself, but I don't have anything here to work with (I'm interning in another city, far away from my soldering iron). I've never been good at working with wires this small either.

Send me an email at jonpanichella at gmail dot com and we can sort this out. You've been so incredibly helpful, bernard. Thanks again.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 08:55:30 PM by jpanichella » Logged
Trashie

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2011, 03:21:25 PM »

Oooh..It's a problem of **extending** it..Really, bernard is right, you can extend it with long cables and *cough* duct tape, if you dont have your soldering iron around...The LVDS cable is long enough to retry if anything goes wrong.
I'd remove that black cloth around them, and cut one cable at a time more or less at half the total length.I say one at a time because many of those cables share the same color.

And if you're not really sure if the joints are ok, you can always test /turn on the board after extending each cable.If everything is ok, go for the next.
Once everything is done, more duct tape around all the cables to wrap them together and add strength, and you're done :-D You can always solder it when you have time/tools.
jpanichella

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2011, 01:49:25 AM »

Started extending the wires, using some of the great advice from Bernard. I've got all of the wires except the twisted pairs extended. I'll tackle those tomorrow night. Here's a picture of my "soldering rig"

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/__7PONLwsdnM/TdRnl7XtJ0I/AAAAAAAAASA/K8sG8PrxyJI/s912/IMG_20110518_195833.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/__7PONLwsdnM/TdRnrnGLtVI/AAAAAAAAASE/3Vh6qmlqYwg/s912/IMG_20110518_200703.jpg
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2011, 05:09:25 AM »

Hot glue to hold the alligator clips?  How clever!! Smiley  I learn new things everyday.
jpanichella

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2011, 01:13:11 PM »

Hot glue to hold the alligator clips?  How clever!! Smiley  I learn new things everyday.

Actually it's double sided tape. I don't have much on hand so I had to improvise.  Grin

Doing those few wires last night did wonders for my confidence. I hope to finish the rest of them tonight.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to: