Bongofish
November 20, 2017, 10:10:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  
Author Topic: K-Jintiq, a 15" IPS modded into Intuos 3 A4  (Read 67552 times)
cartoonmonkey
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 09, 2011, 12:39:14 AM »

Great build! I'm going to try and build a tablet for a buddy of mine, with a similar setup! I already have an old wacom tablet, and mmmaaayybee the right lcd..
Thanks!
xairphex
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 24, 2011, 01:23:20 PM »

Everything, greetings!

I want to make k-jintiq.

Some questions:

These accessories, it is all that is necessary? -
1.RM 5451 controler (NJTOUCH)
2.IPS panel from IBM notebook LG-Philips LP150 E05-a2k1
3.Wacom intuos 3 a4 (9x12) (plz930)
4. 2 Tecmo RF boxes holding the invertor and controler

Or something is required still? It is the correct controler, or you used another in the final version? CCFL already enters into a set with IPS the panel?

Thanks!
Kareltje

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 24, 2011, 08:20:22 PM »

Hi indeed that was all that is needed Smiley
The CCFL was only because we broke the original one in the screen. You do not need to buy an extra one.

ciberpol
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2012, 07:11:15 PM »

Excuse for the bad knowledge of language.
How to get rid of cursor trembling?
For the first time used monitor Rover Optima, a matrix, the inverter and the controler. Tremblings weren't. As a result has broken a matrix.
In the second time used Samsung SyncMaster 540b. All is excellent, but the cursor (to 5 mm) strongly shivers.
I do not know what to do (((
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 26, 2012, 08:23:15 PM »

play with the monitor frequencies.
ciberpol
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 26, 2012, 08:54:22 PM »

Спасибо  Smiley
Я тоже об этом подумал.
Завтра буду пробовать, отпишусь в соответствующей теме.
ciberpol
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 27, 2012, 07:19:07 PM »

Wink
Сделал экран для всех деталей. Лапы тоже заэкранировал перфорированной фольгой. Все экраны заземлил. Понизил частоту монитора.
Дрожания нет, изредка дернется на 1 пиксел.
При разрешении 800х600 дрожание отсутствует полностью.
--------------------
Has made the screen for all details. Lamps too has shielded the punched foil. All screens has grounded. Has reduced frequency of the monitor.
Tremblings aren't present, occasionally will move on 1 pixel.
At resolution 800х600 trembling misses completely.

No problem!
ciberpol
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2012, 05:08:57 PM »

You use what glass for matrix protection?
If to use too thin (or not to use it generally) on the screen waves float and it is possible to damage a matrix.
If to use thick, very big distance from a pen to the image.
Phazinhead
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 19, 2012, 10:46:44 PM »

Hi guys!

I just discovered DIY Cintiq few days ago and I'm very excited by this fresh new DIY project! Congratulations to all of you guys for your nice DIY Cintiq Wink!

I found Hieron & Kareltje's project being quite interesting because the combination of the Intuos 3 A4 with the LG-Philips LP150E05 seems to make a great couple, with no jitter and good colors.

Hieron, Kareltje, I have a few questions regarding the top cover of your Jintiq.

- Is it made of a unique piece of transparent plastic cover? If not, does it cover only the LCD screen?

- What type of plastic is it?

- Which thickness is it?

- Don't you have too much issues with scratching the transparent plastic cover with the pen ?

- When pressing the pen on the cover, does it makes the cover to touch the screen?

- Would be a glass piece be better instead of plastic for top cover ? (except the fact that it would be heavier)

Thanks a lot for your answers ! Smiley

Phaz'
bearsworth
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 01, 2012, 04:37:10 PM »

I'm interesting in making this as well. What size RF boxes should I order?
Kareltje

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 25, 2012, 03:51:20 PM »

- Is it made of a unique piece of transparent plastic cover? If not, does it cover only the LCD screen?
- What type of plastic is it?
- Which thickness is it?
- Don't you have too much issues with scratching the transparent plastic cover with the pen ?
- When pressing the pen on the cover, does it makes the cover to touch the screen?
- Would be a glass piece be better instead of plastic for top cover ? (except the fact that it would be heavier)

Hi sorry bit busy with other stuff, sorry for the late reply.

The transparent cover is the original intuos cover, just stripped all the paint of of it.
The cover doesn't scratch all to much, we tried a special cover but didn't work that well. The feel wasn't right.
Yes if you press really hard it touches the screen, we just don't press all that hard Smiley
No clue if glass would work better. It would make the whole build more complex though, you would need to fit the glass in the right position and everything.

Karel
Kareltje

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 25, 2012, 03:52:59 PM »

I'm interesting in making this as well. What size RF boxes should I order?

Euh sorry don't know the exact order number anymore. Just order the size which fits your vga controller I guess.
eqsOne

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 07, 2012, 02:06:45 PM »

Damn. Now that I'm through your thread I guess I have to upgrade my CinTriq to a new Version with an IPS panel. Great work, dudes. And a really great log of the things you've done. Good god, my wife will kill me.. I definely have to stop reading around here Wink
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 07, 2012, 02:09:01 PM »

"Wife" or "IPS panel" -- that is the question.   Tongue

eqsOne

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 12, 2012, 11:22:36 AM »

Ugh, yep it's gonna be the IPS.. in fact rather a whole new build. I will just have to assemble everything at night.  Cool

edit: Since the middle cut-out of the inner plastic section is made bigger than the screen actually is, how did you manage to keep the screen from slipping around inside? Is it just the slight 'pressure' from the top surface that keeps it in place?

btw. the panel just arrived  Wink

EDIT
: Alright, I fixed it with a Duplo brick, seems to work out well.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 10:40:04 AM by eleqsis » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  

Jump to: