Bongofish
November 11, 2019, 08:59:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need quick answer regarding a 3D Monitor!  (Read 2667 times)
RichTea
New Poster

View Profile
« on: November 27, 2010, 11:55:12 PM »

Hi guys i need a really quick answer here.
I have an a3 intuos and therefore need a 20" monitor to complete my setup
now i have found this monitor for a good price
It's a LED monitor.
Is there any reason why this would cause any trouble with my diy cintiq build?
this is the monitor in question just incase anyone needs to see the specs etc...
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/aoc-e2043fs-20-widescreen-led-monitor-5ms-vga-07677367-pdt.html?srcid=198
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 03:45:59 AM »

No evidence that it won't work. Of course, there is no evidence that it will work either Smiley   My guess is that the LED backlight is a good start. My guess is a "TN" (6 bit colors) panel and hopefully it is a "thin" LCD Panel with LEDs on the side (not on the back) (I am talking about the internal LCD Panel component). (I assume also you couldn't find what LCD Panel is in this monitor, if we knew, we could lookup its datasheet and find out about a few details). 

I do not know if the power supply is outside but since it is LEDs and they advertise it as "super slim", I would expect the power supply not to be in the monitor since no high-voltage is required in there (for the CCFL). Which would be a Good Thing.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 06:44:25 PM by bernard » Logged
RichTea
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 02:39:48 AM »

thanks for the reply, so far all i have found on the monitor is the same techincal spec you can see in the advert i linked too Sad
I won an Intuos A3 for £40 today on ebay so i'm certain to be trying out with a 20" monitor soon.
I will try and find out more about this soon and let everyone know about anything i find.

Rich
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: