Bongofish
October 14, 2019, 08:01:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: question please answer  (Read 2345 times)
jeremyx
New Poster

View Profile
« on: January 20, 2007, 12:45:00 PM »

ok so a few questions please answer  Kiss

is an ultra pad/art pad a digitzer and vice versa all 3 the same?
after removing all the stuff how much length do i have to play with from the sensor to the drawing point
what is the measurement of the flad lcd panel and variations etc of brands
if i do you use leds how much room do i use for the light to go through the panel
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 12:51:21 PM by jeremyx » Logged
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 05:17:47 PM »

ok so a few questions please answer  Kiss

is an ultra pad/art pad a digitzer and vice versa all 3 the same?
Seem to be. perhaps they were made for different markets?  They seem to use the same drivers.

after removing all the stuff how much length do i have to play with from the sensor to the drawing point
from the sensor to the drawing plate of the case (of a UD 1212) is about 6mm, then add whatever happened with your paper test.

what is the measurement of the flad lcd panel and variations etc of brands
Thickness of the LCD itself will be about 2mm. other dimensions will vary I guess.  Thickness of the slab in the backlight will probably be between 5mm - 8 mm on a Samsung screen.

if i do you use leds how much room do i use for the light to go through the panel

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.    If I were doing it I would get LEDs of the same diameter as the panel thickness and replace the flourescent tubes down the edges.  I think a full-on array across the whole screen would be a lot more work for little or no benefit. 

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: