Bongofish
November 22, 2019, 12:27:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Removing Internal power supplies  (Read 2162 times)
chasent

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2011, 08:18:24 AM »

http://www.element-14.com/community/docs/DOC-25095/l/episode-4-ben-builds-a-portal-shirt-for-halloween

Besides the T-Shirt, in that video, Ben Heck butchers an LCD's power board to remove the AC/DC converter/transformer. I'm thinking that we could do the same thing to for our builds. So perhaps an external power supply isn't really necessary when searching for a suitable monitor for a cintiq build  Cheesy
gardia
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 03:29:22 AM »

tbh. he just broke a PCB in halve...

if your going to do this yourself you need to know what your doing.
basicly you could just take a pcb and snap it in 2. thats the easy part.

hard part is knowing where the power / grounding / ect are located and reconnect those properly.
still i just took a old 17 inch monitor, tore it down and took the hole print out.

extend the cables and put it in a new box Cool external power + lcd driver  Grin

let this be a warning tho, a pcb is hard to break like this guy did. id recommend cutting the pcb on both sides with a deep cut.

..... just watched the movie in totall..... did he use a blowtorch to remove a connector?Huh?
hes nuts and a genius at the same time.

tho id prefer using old fasion linze wire ( for dutch it's linze but i mean the braided copper wire to suck tin off a pcb or connectors.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: