Bongofish
July 29, 2014, 05:36:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: UP for TESTING.   Looking good so far but keep an eye out for strangeness, 

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Playing with the tx2000 Tablet-PC digitizer (SU5R-12W12AU-01X)  (Read 28911 times)
Trashie

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2011, 04:07:27 PM »

Hmm..I see..
In the circuit i have there are no zeners; those diodes arent zeners.But in the "circuits" folder of the vusb library, there are a few other possible circuits.One of those is using zeners, and allows the processor to be feed with 5V.And, also, i can try with transistors.Going now to see if i can buy all those little pieces!

Trashie

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2011, 07:30:33 PM »

Ooook, big news update..

I just fried part of my Arduino board

Quite impressive...One of the zeners i bought got fried (smoke and event a sparkle), and as a result, my board doesnt turn on when i connect the USB-Serial cable.
I've found a way to make it work, tho.I have to connect the USB cable to the computer (nothing happens), and then power the board using the VCC pin.Then the com port pops and i can upload programs to it.So looks like the USB Vin pin is dead or something.
If i first power the board, and the connect the cable to the computer, a warning pops saying the USB device has done an invalid operation and is turned off.

Note to self : test things BEFORE in the protoboard WITHOUT connecting it to the Arduino or the PC (which also threw smoke, but looks like it's ok)
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2011, 08:03:25 PM »

Ouch!  Embarrassed 

Did I interpreted correctly that "smoke came out of the PC"?  If yes, then: Ouch, that is wrong. There is no smoke without fire -- meaning, something must be broken or severely affected, no? I would personally open the PC to clean up the mess and have a closer look.
Trashie

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2011, 08:12:28 PM »

It came from the USB port the board was attached to..The computer is the one im writing right now.Windows disabled the port, i reenabled it and tested a mouse, and works...So...cross fingers...
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2011, 08:28:30 PM »

If smoke (dust) came out of a hole, that means there must be a lot inside in that area -- not sure if that type of dust (is it conductive??) is very good.   Maybe some components stuff is pulling more power than normal now. Anyway, just a thought.

Maybe the broken parts of your Nano are fixable?  I see in the schematic a zener is used to select the voltage.  The schematic (pdf file) does not tell me where the VUSB is connected to exactly (weird?), so it is difficult to follow.
Trashie

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2011, 04:00:16 AM »

Well, i've set up the old USB circuit (powering the nano with 3.3V), and it works.I finished the program to copy from the serial to the USB port, but i have the opposite problem i had yesterday:
Yesterday, as soon as i connected the USB cable to the USB-Serial interface, my USB circuit began to be powered with 5V, so the PC disconnected it.
Today, when i connect the USB cable to the USB-Serial, the nano (that now doesnt receive power from it), cannot power both USBs with just 3.3 V :-P

Oh...And the boards have arrived, at least, to spanish customs.Maybe tomorrow i'll have them with me!
Trashie

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2011, 07:01:03 PM »

A few updates:
- Still dont have the boards..But i'll get them next monday.

- I've simplified the USB circuit...with just a voltage divider for  D+ and D-.Still fine-tuning the resistor values, but it works just with that.

-Bernard, if i remember well, i think you said you had an Intuos3..Would you be so kind to post the HID string / product id and all that? I want to test what happens if i identify the board as an Intuos...I have the strange feeling that i'll not get the same gradient i got when identifying the board as a Graphire.
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2011, 07:37:46 PM »

I do not have an Intuos3.   I have Intuos2.  For the descriptors and all that, they are all committed on googlecode. Just browse the .txt file that emulates an Intuos2.  http://code.google.com/p/waxbee/source/browse/WaxBeeConfig/config_templates/

The problem is that the protocol is different (not just the descriptors). BTW, what distinguish a Intuos2 vs. a Graphire4 is the productId/vendorid pair in the device descriptor.  The graphire essentially talks on HID report #2.  The Intuos2 have more HID report ID that the PC is reporting. The drivers are also different: you need to install another Wacom driver to support Intuoses.   If you want an example "communication" for an intuos2, I might be able to record that for you.

For your "gradient" issue, this is not really an issue or a problem IMHO, try with another software or tweak the settings, you will have different results. There are so many variables in the "chain".  I think no one software had coded the same "response curve" (not counting what the Wacom driver is doing to it too). Art Rage or Gimp, or whatever.

The pressure value goes up to 1023 on the Intuos2.
Trashie

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2011, 12:13:54 PM »

Ok! Finally! Here's the board!!!

* board.jpg (147.21 KB. 845x475 - viewed 418 times.)

It's a 14-pin board.Notice the pins are numbered.

Here's the cable, facing as it connects to the board.There are 6 connected pins, 4 unconnected, and another four connected.That matches what's in the wiki:

* fit.jpg (86.56 KB. 720x540 - viewed 334 times.)

Here's the board-side connector , facing upside-down (so, pin 1 is at the right):

* connector-board.jpg (86.71 KB. 584x541 - viewed 266 times.)

Here, the pc-side connector. Notice how pin 1 and pin 2 in the board-side (the two look black to me), are attached to the same pin pc-side:

* connector-computer.jpg (75.21 KB. 693x495 - viewed 238 times.)

bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2011, 01:57:41 PM »

that last two pictures have that Spain-twist to it Smiley Feels it's hot outside.

The black wires are probably for grounding - USB shield ground and USB signal ground maybe? So you say it is matching the wiki page?  (I did not check) Is this cable connecting the serial or USB side (or both)?  Any new piece of evidence that the wiki does not cover, please report it so we can update Smiley 
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 02:00:52 PM by bernard » Logged
Trashie

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2011, 05:18:27 PM »

Ok, after a few tests, including a not successful direct assigment to usb pins (ie, connecting an usb cable following the guesses shown in the wiki)..Not much to report.
The only thing i can undoubtfully say is the pin identified in the wiki as GRD, is some sort of debug.

If none of the pins identified in the wiki as GND, are connected, 3.3V on any pin will raise GRD.So, if you have a led on GRD, and power any other pin(including the GNDs) to 3.3V, the led will be on.

Now, when GND are connected, i'm seeing different behaviours.I've also seen the led on GRD blink, but i dont know how i made it, or how to repeat it.

When GND are connected, sometimes, GRD only lights up if there are 3.3V on D+ or D- .Other times, if there is 3.3V on any pin (other than the GND 1 y 14).Dont know the right sequence to make it behave in one way or the another.

Later i will re-try the USB connection
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2011, 06:53:54 PM »

You are the first one to really try the USB pins in here. The more info we get, the better.

Power: Even if the interface would be "USB" -- the power might have to be provided separately than the "real USB 5V power" -- I suspect you need to feed 3.3v and not connect the USB 5V power at all. (I do not remember, did you have that ZN1 (zener) installed on the wacom baby board -- if not: this would be an indication that the USB 5V is not going to work --  could you probe the leads and see if it appears to be routed to the USB power?).

I wish I had one of these in my hands right now.

Is it possible that the GRD pin is not only one led, but two leds in parallel connected "in reverse" -- like a tri-color led? (so if the signal goes "negative", the other led would lit up instead)?  -- does it ever go negative?

Not connecting the "gnd" signals -- I mean if these are really grounds signals, I do not think the output is really reliable if you leave all of them unconnected, no?
Trashie

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2011, 12:24:01 AM »

Just one word...

SUCCESSS!!!!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin

(Almost) Direct conection from digitizer to USB port!!!!!!
The board is powered by 3.3V,  so diodes will be needed.
Here's the cabling:

* solved.jpg (78.62 KB. 778x426 - viewed 480 times.)

Some things learned: The double-black cable on the left, and the green cable (third from the right), are for powering the digitizer surface; without them, the board will be recognized, but the digitizer wont work.

-I bet the brown cable (second from the right), is for the the finger-sensitive surface; I disassembled my tx2000 monitor and measured the voltage in those pins, and the brown was at 3.3V

- In the same measurements, the other cables were at 0V..Dont know what they're for.

So, now you can have a wacom digitizer (12',tho) for..aprox. 6$!!!

Next step...Trying to combine two physical boards into a logical one...!

« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 12:51:48 AM by Trashie » Logged
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2011, 12:43:33 AM »

OOOOohhh yeaaaaah!!!   Smiley   What driver is this working with?  If you can, run the usbview utility and maybe dump the hid descriptors block if you have it Smiley
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 12:47:04 AM by bernard » Logged
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2011, 12:55:23 AM »

Can you check the wiring pinout from the wacom controller pin numbers side? (like on the wiki). Because from the photos, it is difficult to properly recognize the colors. I am trying to update the wiki page with the proper information.  So you say that the pin 12 (wacom side pinout number) must be VCCed for it to work?  Maybe this is some sort of "enable" (or active-low reset)?  This would somehow match Undersampled pin name.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 02:25:20 AM by bernard » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: