test1
September 25, 2017, 01:53:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: depth sensor information  (Read 23029 times)
jeremyx
New Poster

View Profile
« on: January 22, 2007, 01:58:52 PM »

well i think this is a good place to look for how much play you will have for your particular wacom board people who can confirm this information can you please list it like my example

unstripped pad XXmil
length between pad surface and sensor XXmil

if we can get all the wacom series listed it would help greatly like ultrapad/digitzer/artzpad 1/2 intous 1/2/3 graphire 1/2/3/4 and if there are any hidden ones would be great appreciated

thank you
Ferret

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 05:16:10 PM »

TabletPC: About 15MM from top of screen protector  Cool
jeremyx
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 09:25:57 AM »

but their pretty poor for drawing correct?
Ferret

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 02:52:45 PM »

Hell no!!!!

Penabled is as good as any of this stuff. It's a derivative of the old UD1212 tablets (Even the pens will work interchangeably)

256 pressure levels, 2000lpi!

I'm not talking about a touch sensitive display, this is a Wacom product baby!
jeremyx
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 03:25:28 PM »

so how do tablets work do you get like an xp format with keyboard on your screen etc and compared like something like a cintiq how would they draw well another thing is can you play games on it ive never used a tablet/drawing tablet or anything however if i say. hit one corner of the screen then say go to the next corner it picks it up? and instant transists the cursor to that point or can their be options sutch as dragging the mouse in super fast speed i was thinking how narly it would be to play conter strike using this i also play this low qaulity online game its very poor programming with a single coder/owner/director/hillbilly(lol everyone in this game makes fun of him) could it be used like that aswel? im very interest please respond
Ferret

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 04:00:48 PM »

ARGH!!! Death. . . by punctuation. . .:p

Playing strategy games is good.

The interface sucks for FPS's, use a trackball for best results, and the graphics cards are almost always Intel Intergrated.

Red Alert and Baldurs Gate work nicely.

It's a Wacom. Behind a screen. It works the same as any OTHER Wacom, behind a screen. I have no idea if it can be used with this oline game, you haven't told me what it is yet.

And if he's making it at cost to himself and giving it away free for anyone elseI don't see how you should be making fun of him. Be nice!  Wink
jeremyx
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 08:13:40 AM »

whats a trackball... =/ lol can the cursor instead of blinking to the point on your tablet drag itself rapidly from its last touch point? what the main question is games like counter strike and the one i play use's ingame cursors n stuff so is it compatible
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 09:30:54 AM »

I tried it with Half Life 2,  It was the first thing I tried after drawing  Grin   and it didn't work. However some people have got a WIImote working using some sort of mod or by tweaking drivers, so something might be doable.  Might be worth some more research.

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
jeremyx
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 10:38:46 AM »

defiantly the game i play has about 300 players and its madly addictive its very low qual and can pretty much run on a p2 lol if there is a way to use a pen with it would give me an insane advantage
dynam1c

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 02:26:20 PM »

Jeremyx stop holding secrets man.. tell us the name of the game if its so addictive lets all have a go.. UNLESS your afraid... that we will kick your a$$ in the game Tongue

but pen games.. !! now that sounds like fun.. Try world of warcraft (i stopped playing it as it just became sad after a month and I had exams !!) with a tablet.. damn fun..

erm what else have i played

Total war series including the latest medieval 2.. (makes controlling the camera alot easier)
warcraft 3
All the old lucas games (using the pc scumm engine) wonderful to play with tablet as all are point and click

Thats about it really, I wouldnt dream of playing Counter Strike with the tablet I had tried but it just wasnt working so well rapidly tapping against the tablet also ruined the cover.
jeremyx
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007, 01:18:02 AM »

yeah i think it would be a very fun sorta hack and as for the game i play... eh its like a drug dont waste any time of your life on it its so addictive and to start from scratch with all the stupid updates at this point is nearly impossible
wei803

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2007, 06:28:43 AM »

OK, I just got my Intuos3 9x12   Shocked
Done the paper stack test. I get awesome I.3 cm result !
Tanassi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2007, 06:36:15 PM »

LUCKY MAN! Grin

on my Ultrapad 12x18" i've got the poor value of 5mm Sad
and there are 7.5mm between the tablet surface and sensor surface.
total 12.5mm between sensor and maximum proximity. hoped better. 

Tanassi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2007, 09:39:50 AM »

question for Drew.

i have read on your tutorial that you measured 9mm depth when tested your Ultrapad 12*12".
how can is this possible while Wacom declares 5mm of proximity distance on the whole Ultrapad series?
i can understand 6 or 7mm but 9! yours it's a very lucky tablet Grin
and i'm a little invidious of the 13mm value measured by Wei!

vince

wei803

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2007, 09:58:55 AM »

ok, will double check again... lol.
how should i proof it here? hmm...
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: