test1
September 24, 2017, 11:24:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Converting Wacom GD-0912-R from Serial to USB  (Read 31529 times)
SONB
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2013, 12:39:48 AM »

Thank you! I'm really proud of my first mod  Cool
You're right, this is the perfect place for the connector. This way it can't be pulled out and the Teensy and its USB slot are safe.
Well, the Teensy and the mainboard indeed overlap, maybe 1mm, and there are at least 3mm between them. I first tested the tablet without isolation and noticed no negative changes, so I left it as it is. The functionality is the same as it was before, with the Teensy outside the tablet, with much longer wires and my cat on the tablet  Grin I even had to resolder all wires to fit them in.

And this is one of the nicest reset button I have ever seen!

Haha! I like it too  Grin First I wanted to make a simple hole and press the button with something sharp, but then decided to give my dried out Stabilo pen a second life.
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2013, 09:44:13 PM »

I would put something like tape, "glue bump", cardboard, plastic or whatnot between the boards -- yes, it is 3mm, but the Teensy is just glued and movements can occur through the cable and in the long run it could move.  It would be a shame if it is broken (through a short-circuit) just because of a detail like that!   ..but it's your choice, I still find your mod to be quite neat.

SONB
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2013, 12:00:06 AM »

You're right. Before it breaks and I have to buy another Teensy and spend an hour replacing it, I'll better spend 5 minutes isolating it. Just found a piece of plastic card, it would perfectly fit between the boards.
Thanks for the warning!  Smiley
SONB
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2013, 06:05:13 PM »

Hey, Bernard.
Any progress with filtering the random clicks and vertical jumps?
Sorry for being impatient, I'm thinking about making a DIY Cintiq soon... Or invest the money in a cheap tablet  Undecided

bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2013, 06:12:27 PM »

I already have made a change that I hope will help, (to not drop serial bytes). But I could not test it yet. (takes time because I need to setup a board, etc.) I sent it to the other person that has a similar board in case he wants to try it before I even try it myself. I am pretty busy with life atm (the portion of life that pays the bills).

It is going to take more days. I still have good hope that we will eventually put our fingers onto the issue and fix it (or workaround it).  It is possible that there are actually 2 problems (like the pressure or clicks would be fixed, but the Y jumps would still occur for example).  We'll know more in a few days.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 06:51:17 PM by bernard » Logged
SONB
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2013, 06:34:12 PM »

Ah, the bills...
Bernard, I'm glad to know that you're still on the case. I know, personal life has highest priority, so take your time.

And thanks a LOT for taking time for us, with our ancient boards  Smiley
SONB
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2013, 12:59:08 AM »

Hey, Bernard! I flashed your new build and there is NO false clicks and NO jumps! Great job! Thanks a lot!

There is another issue: There is absolutely no jittering of the cursor (which is good!) BUT when I move it across the screen, it's stuttering, it feels like playing a game at low frames per second. It doesn't move smooth, it makes kind of micro jumps, as if it doesn't get enough information (coords) from the tablet. And I guess, this is why I can't draw smooth lines.
It's not the fault of your last fix, it was working like that with v0.14 as well. Maybe this is the low baud rate? Does the other guy with the same board have this issue?

And the Intuos 5 template... I don't know if you made any changes but it still doesn't work. No reaction from the tablet. And the Wacom Configuration App shows only "Touch" under the tools, there is no pen. I switched the baud speed, no success.
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2013, 02:51:42 AM »

Do you have other high-speed devices connected to USB?
SONB
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2013, 04:02:58 AM »

Nope. Disconnected every USB device, even the mouse. Doesn't get better.
SONB
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2013, 06:18:14 PM »

Bernard, thank you very much! The latest Waxbee solved all problems with my board. No stuttering, no jumps.

Thanks again!  Grin
benoitb
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2014, 09:00:29 AM »

Looks like the serial is correctly connected... at least enough to make it talk through the initialization since we are seeing the proper version string coming from the tablet.

One detail I am aware is that this first portion gets through even if the serial handshake signals are wrongly connected or floating (not connected).

Next step is to fiddle with the virtual serial port and capture the data sent by the tablet. We need to understand what's wrong!   Btw i am away for 3 weeks, i might not answer if i don't have internet access.
Hello !

I am back from a 1.5 year trip, and came back home to follow up on this project. Thanks to all of you, I installed the waxbee 0.15a firmware, setting the normal baudrate to 19200 as you suggested on my youtube video. It works perfectly on my Windows XP laptop !  Cheesy
Thank you for your help.

The tablet behaves badly on my windows7 64bit machine, I guess this is because of some driver mess. Is there a recommended driver for that OS ? I installed the official 6.20 Wacom driver on that PC.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: